Note to New Members ×

Yet another surgery.....

patmoore

Good thing I get volume discounts from my orthopedic surgeon. Just had ACL surgery on the left knee six days ago.

My first torn ACL occurred at a sky diving competition around 1969. I didn't get it repaired until 1997 and then had two subsequent tune-ups. The only other injury in 2000+ jumps (other than 3 sprained ankles) was a separation of the ribs at the Nationals in Oklahoma in 1975.

When I turned 50 I took up skiing and snowboarding and have had broken ribs (led to pneumonia), broken foot, another torn ACL, and broken hand. Actually the last incident resulted from a UPD (UnPlanned Dismount) from one of my unicycles.

This past March I competed at the NASTAR Nationals with a brace on the torn ACL. Okemo Mountain did a nice wrapup of the event in their blog.

The doctor has me taking Vitamin D now because the bones can't take the same sort of abuse they did in the past.

"What a drag it is getting old......"

You are killin it Pat,

That's some list of accomplishments. Doesn't make sense to do it any other way either. We share the same dilemna...We have to pay for our (age) play. I have a similar injury list and am currently mending (20 staples) myself. Did everything with an unattached collarbone and separated shoulder for 5 yrs. And still have not repaired the ACL/MCL. Are we having fun yet?

And I thought I would take up skydiving when carving was to damaging. :(