Note to New Members ×

Celts....

skatha

my brother and i were talking about the NBA on the phone today... I didn't straight up watch the last game, I was flipping back and forth. from what I saw Celts were in charge most of the game... and then in the 4th, the most important quarter, the Lakers were awarded more free throws than the Celts had ... IN THE ENTIRE GAME. to this end, brother is convinced the NBA is just a show, not a real sport... the winners are engineered. he backs this opinion up w saying the Celts big 3 most likely won't be back and the Lakers have younger members who they can pitch into a rivalry with whatever team(s) get Wade and/or James....

The "Big 3" will not be back next year, that's true. That's because of age, contracts, etc.

The Lakers got a bunch of calls for fouls that the refs weren't paying attention to most of the game, but, they did more than just make free throws in quarter 4-they wooped up on the Celts

The real problem I've always had with refs in the NBA is....a foul is a foul in football, from Pop Warner to the pros. Same in baseball and in hockey. What constitutes double dribbling and travelling in basketball is never called much in the pros and the fine line between a block and a charge is very blurry in the NBA.

I really can't say that I think the NBA is fixed. I agree the hometeam has a huge benefit from the way the Finals are scheduled, with the 2-3-2 format. But, the Celts could have been ranked higher if they'd played better during the regular season.

The Lakers are a phenomenal franchise. I despise them but there's no denying that they've only missed the playoffs 5 times in their 61 year franchise history. They've had remarkable management securing top notch players to play for them over the years and, with that history, it's a relative "no-brainer" to say that they have a winning roster for years to come. They've always had winning rosters.

Hope that helps!

Now we're left to NASCAR and vuvuselas...Heaven help us!