Note to New Members ×

Lower Mainland Longboarding

BlueB

Ok, our summer carving season is officially on!

Luka and me had a 2 hr session, "uncle" Scooby joined in for the 2nd half. All the others, who were invited but didn't show up, your loss - conditions were great, almost empty parking and not too hot.

We'll try to make this an ongoing thing, like last summer. The default place/time:

VENUE CHANGED, see below!

10:00am, every Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Boris/Roy or anyone in LMD that longboards, let me know when youre in Vancouver, LoL I purchase a one zone fare for the canada line skytrain. I'll skytrain to 41st, ride downhill all the way to Marine station on Heather street and skytrain back up! 1.5 hours fare can get you 3-5 runs for $2.50!

Skytrain = lift :)

Or you can go a bit steeper and do King Edward station, longboard downhill to Olympic Village on Columbia.

Kevin

post-8998-141842316568_thumb.jpg

hi vancouver crew

just responded to BORIS' email for skating tomorrow. had a bad crash last saturday june 12th at the vernon dh race and hurt my shoulder and neck. won't be able to skate tomorrow but will probably come out later for brunch/lunch/coffee.

will be driving my car as it is too painful to take the bus like the responsible green-minded citizen i usually am. here are some photos that i took when sidelined on sunday june 13th: http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/tenorman_bucket/vernon2010/

later

doug

p.s. stopped by UPZ while visiting in OLIVER and bought a whole bunch of spare boot parts--you guys are welcome to whatever you need for repairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the extreamelly busy sports schedule in Coquitlam Park, "our" parking lot gets way too busy. We found 2 other very good venues, within 3min drive.

Main:

Nortside Church, David Ave / Lansdowne Drv, Coquitlam

Alternate:

Summit Middle School, Parkway Blv, Coquitlam, just uphill from Johnson St

<iframe width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Northside+Foursquare+Church,+Coquitlam,+BC&sll=49.295996,-122.808499&sspn=0.037615,0.087032&ie=UTF8&hq=Northside+Foursquare+Church,&hnear=Coquitlam,+Greater+Vancouver+Regional+District,+British+Columbia&ll=49.294136,-122.81357&spn=0.002718,0.010278&z=14&iwloc=A&cid=13490847107950126957&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=Northside+Foursquare+Church,+Coquitlam,+BC&sll=49.295996,-122.808499&sspn=0.037615,0.087032&ie=UTF8&hq=Northside+Foursquare+Church,&hnear=Coquitlam,+Greater+Vancouver+Regional+District,+British+Columbia&ll=49.294136,-122.81357&spn=0.002718,0.010278&z=14&iwloc=A&cid=13490847107950126957" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Real HS course gets set. Real pros ride with us, Malcolm, Dan, Hayato, Doug...

A skate celebrity from the past lives just up the road and sometimes stops by to say hello.

Come ride with us!

Ok, Scooby, Tenorman, Ruwi, BlueB and Luka confirmed. Malcolm maybe. Hayato can not make it.

10am, meeting at the COquitlam Park (Lafarge) first to see if not too busy. Failing that we'll proceed to the SUmmit Middle School, or Northside CHurch. See map for the locations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...