Note to New Members ×

How long will A-Basin hold up for carving?

~tb

Loveland was awesome on closing day sunday, not unlike a late winter day, I quit around 1 when my legs got tired and the snow was flying pretty heavy. On the other side of the pass the forecast into next week is looking promising for early May. There will be a bunch of us up there on Saturday, I'm sure one of us could post a report. In the meantime:

http://forecast.weather.gov//MapClick.php?lat=39.64059509088576&lon=-105.87112426757812&site=bou&smap=1&marine=0&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

I think Frontier has some good last minute deals going on

mario

Alright. . .

With all the posts in the vendor threads on the prototype work taking place at A-Basin still, im getting the itch to head out and check some if out first hand. How much longer do you locals thing the conditions will hold out for atleast morning carving?

And just where do you think you're going to crash if you come out here :cool:

We've gotten more snow in the past 2 weeks than we did in all of Feb and April, I swear it at least feels that way ha! Mario is right - Loveland on closing day was awesome. Haven't had any rain since then and the temps have been pretty cool with little sun and even some more snow. Can't imagine it won't be good for another couple of weeks, although the weather is fickle.

Even if the weather turns, it'll be firm in the morning with a sweet spot for about an hour then mush. I don't think you'll regret a trip, let's put it that way.

Beach party at the Basin on Saturday whoo hoo! :biggthump