Note to New Members ×

So-Cal Season Officially Over

slopestar

:flamethro

Great season! Some dumps:biggthump, new friends:D, many turns:1luvu:, injuries:( and hope for a great 2010/2011 season:ices_ange. Thank you all! I think Mountain High is going to get my season pass dollars next year...see you there?

Ohhh you're talking about the weird BX or AM style one. That coild be a good board for switch riding, but I think for an alpine board $300 would go a lot further in buying something like a used Coiler AM that would ride much better in both directions.

The weird one is the 160 Soft flex..never seen one in person, but probably not good for you either way.

Mammoth doesn't close till July 4! :eplus2:

Agreed. Definitely not even close to over up there. Its so cool to be able to walk from the snow right onto the 2nd floor sun deck at main, and have to walk UP from the top gondola bldg to the snow.

the season is not over yet

nekdut took this pic with his cell last saturday, that's the top of mammoth on may first, not sure how high the mammoth sign is without snow but that's a huge base to have on may first

andrea_topcopy3.jpg

That sign is at least 15 or more feet tall from the actual dirt. They groom it down so we can actually see the sign. Areas around the top gondola building are piled much much higher. There is a TON of snow everywhere this season. :)

Ohhh you're talking about the weird BX or AM style one. That coild be a good board for switch riding, but I think for an alpine board $300 would go a lot further in buying something like a used Coiler AM that would ride much better in both directions.

The weird one is the 160 Soft flex..never seen one in person, but probably not good for you either way.

I checked with Klug and he no longer has any boards available. Nice guy though BTW:). I think a bx board with some new flows may be the trick?? We'll see what comes available by the fall. for now, I'm saving my pennies

I'd still rock the alpine deck. Not a whole lot of reasons to ride softies in SoCal. If we had more pow, better trees, and you did more park I'd be all for a BX rig, but it just doesn't seem suited to your riding.

Even switch on squaretails and 60* isn't a huge problem.

Chad, when did this work of art come about? sidewinder_straight.jpg

Need a punkass kid to make sure it goes fast in snowboard mode? :eplus2:

If you cut that nose square, decamber it 15cm from the nose, 10cm from the tail, and give it a progressive 14/17 sidecut, I'd be all over that. Of course, it needs a companion 163 with 10 cm decam in the front, 5 cm in the back, and a 10.5/9.5 sidecut!

Season pass at MT High is imminent. If the right deck comes along or I have one made by donek, coda or prior will have to wait for a while. I need to find a setup for my 7 year old daughter so I can teach her and have a buddy to ride with in the future. I might even have to move to a resort town with the family. She is already skating at the skatepark with me every Saturday morning. Young Jedi will learn the way of the carve! Anybody in a big Resort town need a High end AV/home theater project manager?:biggthump

Chad, when did this work of art come about? sidewinder_straight.jpg

Need a punkass kid to make sure it goes fast in snowboard mode? :eplus2:

That is a traditional monoski with about a 19cm SCR... It is softer than the Sidecarves and Monoboards that CODA usually makes to accomodate the tail swishing monoski crowd :p

I am still not sold on de-cambering but I am going to be prototyping it first thing next season.

As soon as it is ready to go, we will set you up with a work of art that you can rip:biggthump

That is a traditional monoski with about a 19cm SCR... It is softer than the Sidecarves and Monoboards that CODA usually makes to accomodate the tail swishing monoski crowd :p

I am still not sold on de-cambering but I am going to be prototyping it first thing next season.

As soon as it is ready to go, we will set you up with a work of art that you can rip:biggthump

How about an all mountain softboot custom/metal for me? 200lb rider. Wanted to try a sideways last season but the 58 seems small and the 66 is bigger than I like. :confused:

How about an all mountain softboot custom/metal for me? 200lb rider. Wanted to try a sideways last season but the 58 seems small and the 66 is bigger than I like. :confused:

too funny/ was reading up on your site. I broke several Yama's back in 91' up in Washington state. I used to get them from a buddy in Bremerton/Washboards. They were light as hell though...

send me an email and lets build a board for you!

As for the Yama Pokie Stylie snowboards... that was the Lish era and I have heard that there were a lot of them breaking :rolleyes:

How about an EC oriented board?:p

Does that 19m board have snowboard inserts?

I'm interested in trying it if it does..

For Lance's (slopestar) board, sneak 20cm waist in there. He needs to ride plates!

You funny guy! The sad thing about snowboards is you can only ride them one at a time...:(