Note to New Members ×

Poll: Ride it or make a bench?

Dan

Ride it, or make a bench?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Ride it, or make a bench?

• Go ahead and ride it, that's a non-fatal injury.
    • He's dead Jim. Make a bench.
    • Other (specify)

I think I have a NOS 3800 in a Dynastar I could be talked out of. $200 shipped IT has been mounted with bindings but doesnt have any days on the mtn as of yet.

Thank you Dr. D, that is a really nice offer!

I'd PM you, but I'm not sure the system is 100% reliable right now, so I'm replying here instead. If it's a 169, I'll take it -- the Dynastar 3800/4807 topsheet is one of my all-time favorites. If it's a 163, I'll pass -- I think I have a line on another 169, which is definitely what I'd want (though that's an O-sin and I'd prefer a Dynastar).

And to Piusthedrcarve, I have an Arbor Munoz 162, which is the precursor to the A-frame and (I believe) has similar construction. I'd say it carves a bit better than the 3800 and is a little more solid, but doesn't float nearly as nicely in powder. I'm comparing a 162 to a 169, so there will be some difference just because of board length, but I also think the nose construction of the 3800 and taper help with floating. When I ride the Arbor in powder, I have to set the bindings back and weight my back leg, which makes it ride poorly on groom. On the 3800, I can ride centered and still float well.

Lol, no but seriously, I'd add a piece of lexan or something and put my softies on it and ride the snot out of it.

Hope you come up with a replacement for it. I love the board for all around, and have even taught beginner lessons on it on pow days so i could hit freshie runs in between lineups.