Note to New Members ×

Unobtanium, obtained, well sorta

Bruce Varsava

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a hardware guy. A plate wouldn't be of much help to my riding because I'm not at that level of fitness or performance. But I like to figure stuff out. And I like toys. I might make my own home brew. (I have access to world class design tools, FEA and dynamics simulations tools and machine shops. I've got a rapid prototype machine sitting about 30 feet from my desk.) But my free time and $$ are going to other things.

Thanks for the reply, Bruce! I had always figured that the lack of detailed photos was a courtesy to Apex, but felt compelled to press for them anyway.

My primary unknown regarding the apex plate is.... can the pins on the plate underside be moved forward or backward to change the center to center pitch, or are they in permanently fixed positions? My guess is that a given plate would have either the rear pin location or the front pin location moveable to a small number of preset positions in order to allow a plate pitch to be tailored to more than one board setup.

Thanks for the reply, Bruce! I had always figured that the lack of detailed photos was a courtesy to Apex, but felt compelled to press for them anyway.

My primary unknown regarding the apex plate is.... can the pins on the plate underside be moved forward or backward to change the center to center pitch, or are they in permanently fixed positions? My guess is that a given plate would have either the rear pin location or the front pin location moveable to a small number of preset positions in order to allow a plate pitch to be tailored to more than one board setup.

Plate has 2 holes on each end for adjustment . Also boards have 4 inserts/ corner so you can really move things around to suit. I never got to play with it much as I just had to get it set to a balanced position and then race on it. Lots more could surely be done with it. Apex guys mentioned at Olympics, Jasey was tuning his plate from run to run to get it right for the conditions.

BV