Note to New Members ×

TD1 vs. TD2 vs. GOLD DIGGER vs. TD3

JakeW.

I have been riding TD1 bindings for the last 10 or 11 years, and I am a BIG FAN of them! I gave my last pair of TD1's to a friend of mine who is starting to get into hard-booting (he rips by the way). I don't know much about the TD2, TD3, or the GOLD DIGGER (if they still exist), except that they are suspended bindings(?). I was wondering what the difference is in ride quality (and strength) of those bindings versus the TD1? Do they still have metal-to-board contact, or do they sit on elastomers? Is there anywhere that I can find an exploded view of any of the newer TD bindings?

Look here for the good picures of the TD3s:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bindings/parts_TD3.cfm

It is not an exploded view, but all the parts are marked and named and you get to see the lower binding assembly ("board kit") without the plate and the bails.

Difference between TD2 vs. TD2+suspension or TD3 is night and day.

There is hard contact between centre disk and the board, loose contact between centre disk and the cant base and elastomer suspension between base and the board.

I agree that the improvements are huge.

I upgraded from TD2 Stepins with purple e-rings to TD3 Sidewinders with purple e-rings and blue e-pads. I am so glad I did. They are an excellent product with such a cush ride that doesn't sacrifice any performance.

There's some good info in this review thread on the Sidewinders:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28233