Note to New Members ×

08/09 Track 700

Scott.Creer

Before reading the review you should know that before the track 700s, I was on Burton Shadows that were 2cm too big (used extra footbed to take up space) for the last 5 years.

Review: I got them just in time to ride them for one day in really horrible spring conditions. I like the boot, flex was perfect for me, and the fit (length) was great, and you can not beat thermoflex liners.

One complaint I do have about them is the 2nd strap right over the heel cup, doesn't even come close to tight enough (even with a footbed). I looked all over for a replacement that would replace the wire strap and none could be found. So I had to do a little rigging to get the strap the right size, and a trip to home depot later.... I am really happy. You can see in the pictures below what I did:

1. Cut the cable strap and assessed the correct size

2. stripped off the plastic coating

3. Used a 1/16" Ferrule & Stop Set less than $1 (not to sure if this is going to hold up for an entire season) to join the cable at the correct point.

4. Coated the joint with Ptex to prevent damage to the boot shell

5. Final coat of Plasti Dip to prevent damage to the shell (I think this is going to wear off fast)

6. put the wire strap back on and finally have a tight boot with no heel lift.

post-8085-141842309702_thumb.jpg

post-8085-141842309705_thumb.jpg

post-8085-141842309708_thumb.jpg

Heel lift is no good. That is why I had to change the cable size on the boot. I focused on that, because I have heard many people say they have the same problem, so I wanted to share my solution. Heel lift translates to less board control, and also forces the boot not to correctly articulate/flex at the cuff.

The product is for sale currently in the bomber store under closeouts, if you want to see the entire boot pics.

Mykcuz, what boot are you riding? I strongly suggest fixing the heel lift problem if you can.

I def. will call them. Thanks for the info!

Hey post back what you learn, Scott.

I have the same boot (as i'm sure you realized). But instead of shortening the the arch wire, i just put a lot of foam in the boot on the of the liner, where the arch is, and right behind the heel as well, in a pocket style. it works well, even if it's a little ghetto. I also had to bore out the small pre drilled holes in the cuff to get that area tight enough.

Snowchoad got the last set from Fin after I alerted him to their existence (you're welcome). I got the second to last pair. Fin wasn't aware that there was a shorter arch strap available (not was I, or any of us) until he pulled out the bag of extra parts and discovered them! SCORE!!!

As Kress said, having the shorter arch strap (check the parts list for proper part description, DUDE!) makes the white '09 700T's like a new pair of boots (I actually now think with a new set of liners next year I can live with these for a couple more seasons). When I had the original strap, I could buckle it on the 5th and final notch and it would be too loose and I'd get heel lift and side to side movement. With the shorter strap I buckle it on the 3rd notch, and it's much, much tighter. These old boots seem stiffer and more responsive (but I also had my boot fitter add some foam on the sides of the lower shin to push my foot farther back in the boot to alleviate some toe bash).

Seems to me the '10 700t's black-red-white boots have the shorter strap already installed (at least in my size 25.0) - when I demoed them a couple months back that was one of the first things I noticed. From what I've heard the 700t's will be the same for the '11 season.

Get after Fin to order some more of these short arch straps. May not be available until next season though. This item is a must for every one with the white '09 700T's!!!

Details details. The reason of my semi-divulengce is that I feel the above repair/solution being performed is a tad unerving! I can see problematic things happening to this poor guy running this current fix. ARRRRRRCH STRAAAAP! Is that whats its called, silly me didn't read the manual.

Think Snow!

Yeah, my boot fitter tried to do a similar splice fix, but one of them broke three times in a row in the shop when I was trying it on for fit. I could see that cable breaking mid turn, and then I'd be PaulK'd for the rest of the day. :eek:

Snowchoad got the last set from Fin after I alerted him to their existence (you're welcome). I got the second to last pair. Fin wasn't aware that there was a shorter arch strap available (not was I, or any of us) until he pulled out the bag of extra parts and discovered them! SCORE!!!

As Kress said, having the shorter arch strap (check the parts list for proper part description, DUDE!) makes the white '09 700T's like a new pair of boots (I actually now think with a new set of liners next year I can live with these for a couple more seasons). When I had the original strap, I could buckle it on the 5th and final notch and it would be too loose and I'd get heel lift and side to side movement. With the shorter strap I buckle it on the 3rd notch, and it's much, much tighter. These old boots seem stiffer and more responsive (but I also had my boot fitter add some foam on the sides of the lower shin to push my foot farther back in the boot to alleviate some toe bash).

Seems to me the '10 700t's black-red-white boots have the shorter strap already installed (at least in my size 25.0) - when I demoed them a couple months back that was one of the first things I noticed. From what I've heard the 700t's will be the same for the '11 season.

Get after Fin to order some more of these short arch straps. May not be available until next season though. This item is a must for every one with the white '09 700T's!!!

So, to be clear, what your saying is i should call bomber, and ask about them?

Yeah buttcheese Pukas; I, only divulged "the man" who is it they should call? And be aware that current availability might be tough, but at least you can probably get the ball rolling.

Think Snow!

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Call Fin and ask him to get the straps in. At least for next season, as orders of that nature may be over for this season. This is relatively new info for him, as is for all of us. He's all about customer service. If he knows there's a demand for them, he will get them.

Every skishop must have those straps around in different lengths when they sell skiboots with such straps like Strolz or Full Tilt. The plastic thing at the end, you can take it off. I was at a skishop here (Strolz ski/snowboardboots) and they sold those straps in different lengths.

By the way the short cable is for boots till 27.5 and the long version for boots bigger than 28.0.

If anyone is interested in Deeluxe parts excel folder drop me a PM.

Every skishop must have those straps around in different lengths when they sell skiboots with such straps like Strolz or Full Tilt. The plastic thing at the end, you can take it off. I was at a skishop here (Strolz ski/snowboardboots) and they sold those straps in different lengths.

By the way the short cable is for boots till 27.5 and the long version for boots bigger than 28.0.

If anyone is interested in Deeluxe parts excel folder drop me a PM.

My boot fitter went to all the ski shops in Lion's Head in Vail looking for shorter straps, but no one had any. He tried to do a similar splice as the OP, but it failed, that's when I went to Fin for new straps, and he discovered he had the shorter ones.

Good info on the boot size v strap length! I figured there must be some corelation there, but didn't want to venture a guess and be wrong and get :flamethro

Does your parts folder have a stiffer race tongue listed?

Does your parts folder have a stiffer race tongue listed?

Had ordered them two years ago with Deeluxe through Blue Tomato. It's the former Deeluxe Indy tongue that is stiffer. And I mean a lot, I didn't like it. I've sold it here on bomber to a member. This very stiff tongue doesn't fit with the soft 08/09 Track 700. No it's not in this list.

Neat - what is "nasto grip?"

It's Nastro Grip. That's a brand/sort name. This stuff is for example used on the grip of tennisrackets. Like a sort of plastic rubber. Don't know where it's exactly made of. I have it on my Wilson Pro Staff rackets and the hold is very firm (slippery is over then).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my new Track 700's and the center strap looked a lot like the one on my Dalbello ski boots. So, I took a quick measurement and they are the same length. If you have a shop close by that sells Dalbello they should have a strap for you.