Note to New Members ×

Board Logo Direction?

Arclite

Not sure if this should be in off-topic or not...

But I've noticed that board logos sometimes face regular, or face goofy.

And that all Viruses face regular, and Doneks face goofy, etc.

Can someone confirm that Sean Martin is goofy?

And that Frank is regular?

and Chris Prior, Bruce, all those board makers, that their logos face their normal riding stance?

Does this make sense? I know it seems kinda confusing...

I was just on the lift with a buddy and we both have Coilers. I am a goofy foot and my logo is upside down for me and my buddy is a regular foot and his logo is upside down for him.

I think Bruce is just a practical joker. :biggthump

Or you were riding it backwards :biggthump

I am Goofy

Bruce is Regular

805434473_FF8NE-L.jpg

I'd have to dig from last season for a photo of Chris.

I don't think the logo orientation has anything to do with that though as I've typically relied on a graphic artist to lay out the artwork. I found the logo orientation a bit disconcerting when developing the web site this season. I produce every board with the shovel to the left. That is our manufacturing convention, so I oriented the boards with the shovel to the left and to my dismay, the logo is upside down on all of them. The convention won out and I left the the logo upside down.

this is probably one of the most important topics in BOL history. Never mind the soft boot war! This is far more pressing :p

really good observation, though

:D

You'd be surprised at how much time is actually spent on this sort of subject among manufacturers. I think it was Matt Nipper from Aggression who actually counted photos in magazines to determine the better probability of the logo being legible. That was back in the 80's/early 90's. I wouldn't be surprised if multiple marketing studies have been conducted around this very issue.