Note to New Members ×

Where do BOL members live in the world (by region)?

lonbordin

Where do BOL members live in the world, by region?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Where do BOL members live in the world, by region?

• North America
    • Central America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • West Africa
    • East Africa
    • Northern Asia
    • Western Asia
    • South-East Asia
    • Islands & Poles

On your state by state poll can we check TWO different states??

'Caause I am presently stuck in the Virginia "Flatlands" by the Chesapeake Bay, but my HEART is still up in Alaska. Ain't there a song about that...'cept it's Miami???

When I get back up there permanently starting this summer, most of the good spring snow will be gone. There is usually good corn snow through June and maybe early July, but after that it is iffy until it returns in September.

Going boarding this week, tuesday or wednesday, but it is basically 100 bucks (or 50 beers...20 if microbrew) of fuel just get to Wintergreen and back...the nearest snow!!!!! So fewer rides on the board this year until I get back up to some shreddin' AK style. But a few rides is WAYYYY better than none at all.

Any hills in Indy at all? Down here in easternb Virginia, they call a 20 foot rise in the road a hill. :o :o

On your state by state poll can we check TWO different states??

[snip]

Any hills in Indy at all? Down here in easternb Virginia, they call a 20 foot rise in the road a hill. :o :o

It's just a snapshot in time so only one vote.

I keep a diary of the local hill:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27783

Also Perfect North is in southern Indiana and a few others are 4 to 5 hours away.

lonboarding:

While I knew that Indiana had HUGE sand dunes (been to 'em, as a matter of fact...Indiana Dunes State Park, Chesterton), I would have NEVER thought that there were ski areas there. I've been through Indiana many times on my way back and forth from Ak to the east coast, I guess I've always been going through the central part and northern section of the state. Flat and cornfields and more cornfields. Heck of a football state, though...and basketball, but In wouldn't want to meet Bobby Knight on the slopes there...he'd probably throw a chair at me.

Anyway, I checked your blog on Paoli Peaks...and sure enough!! Nice looking slopes! Nice rolling groomers with not a mogul or a tree in sight!!!

A boarder's dream. What verticals do they have? 550 feet 600? Looks plenty of snow there!! You said something about Amish on skis in your blog...ha ha...picturing that puts a smile on my face!!...one hand holding on to their straw hat so it doesn't blow off.

once again you guys miss the important stat... who the **** is carving the poles? other than the polar bear in the cool coke commercials...

Well we own the Top one but not so sure there is much of a demand or potential for carving up there. If it could be done I'd be all over it though.

Almost all the southern midwest resorts have ~300 to 400 feet of vertical drop.

:freak3:

Wow! Guess I was spoiled when I was learning so many years ago... 2600ft of continuous vertical drop, and I thought it was kinda a small hill by comparison.

I guess we are an island

Blasphemy! :flamethro

Australia is a continent by all known definitions! We live in the 6th largest country in the world! :eplus2:

... Although having less than two thirds of the population of California for the entire country doesn't help... :angryfire

(Actually, I like the population to remain relative similar anyway)

• 2 weeks later...