Note to New Members ×

Ariel ATOM

CarvingScooby

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q4/ktm_x-bow-specialty_file

says its about $78k USD before optioning, shipping, taxes etc.

I cant remember if shoot-out i read was in C&D or R&T, but they did their annual track shootout for a whole whack of cars, and put the KTM against the atom. the KTM dusted it, and mostly everything but the ZR-1. Again, if memory serves me, the only place the ZR-1 was faster was the straights, and significantly enough to make up for the losses through cornering.

Even though I know it's the KTM dutch orange.... my brain still associates it with McLaren.... and with all that lightweight, pared down CF it might pass for a Gord Murray design.... just needs a fan out back and body-panel rads.

That's a KTM X-Bow, I think around $75K. It's powered by the VW/Audi 2.0T engine cranked up to 240 horse or so IIRC. It beat the Atom around C/D's lightning lap by 5 seconds. It was the 2nd fastest car overall, only a half-second behind a ZR-1 despite being 25 mph slower on the straights. Not available in North America.