Note to New Members ×

Who rides park/jumps?

KingCrimson

I'm curious how many venture into the lands of those we relentless criticize..

I usually just do small kickers when the snow is bad on the shoulders of the season, but I did today on my 180 Coiler and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think just like trees, moguls, and uncarvable ice, it really helps my riding.

I know NateW had an awesome video last year..Who else is a secret park monkey?

Eh, I'll go in and hit tables if some friends are heading that wway, but I don't stick around too long.

Now any other natural feature that I can get some air off of on the hill is totally my thing. Every roller, reasonable cliff, etc. is fair game.

I am pretty old school with the tricks and I don't get upside down but I like good size air and halfpipe in hardboots and on a big board.I care too much for the most current boards I have to ride rails with them, but in springtime I break out a rockboard and venture onto rails a little more when the rocks reappear out on the rest of the hill..

Jumping is the main thing that keeps me into snowboarding, so I spend the majority of my time in the park. I have no intention of ever doing inverted airs, but I learned switch 360s this year, and I'm hoping to turn that into a 540 before the season ends. I'm really excited about this possibility, but only time will tell whether I actually get the nerve try one, let alone the good fortune to land one.

I've done a little bit of box and rail stuff but I hate to chew up my edges and I really worry about falling on pointy things, so I don't do it much. My local hill has a propane tank mounted upside-down though, and it was too tempting... now my primary board needs a base grind to get the edges back into shape. :(

I like playing around on the sides of runs and looking for kickers on the cat tracks and such. I don't get into the half pipe except to ride up the sides and get scared looking up the walls :)

Our main mountain doesn't have a park, but our smaller hill (Dollar Mnt.) has one. I've gone over there and played in the park with my friend and his son. We worked up to the medium sized jumps and had a blast.

Still, I'm 53 and have to watch out that I don't kid myself into thinking I'm 18 from time to time.:smashfrea But I do like messing around getting a little air here and there.

Snow Summit has a low-key boardercross run set up at the moment.

I spent the end of my day doing laps on it with our friend Mike (swissracer)

I definitely like getting air once in a while.

especially when I land on the sweet spot of the ramp. :D

I stay away from rails though, too narrow for you to balance on in my opinion.

I'm a fan of the park and pipe. I can barely get above the lip of the super pipe and I'll hit the small and medium size table tops and step ups.

I haven't done a rail or box in a couple of seasons though.

When riding the park and pipe, I do switch to a freestyle board and softboots.

I also prefer the soft setup for doing the snake runs.

I follow my 3 sons all over the backside at Sierra, they have a killer BX run set up ending at the halfpipe. We always play in the Alley practicing aerials (the kids do, I only jump) they learned in summer camp. I try to save up every year to send them to a week camp at either HCSC, MHSSC in Mt Hood for racing camp, but this summer I am allowing them to go just for the terrain park experiences..... My oldest is competing in USASA Nationals this April at Copper so I am sneaking the other two kids into the day camp at Woodward. Has anyone ever been there? I see there is a 35 ft ramp into a foam pit!? God, I wish I were a kid again and had a Mom like me!!!

I follow my 3 sons all over the backside at Sierra, they have a killer BX run set up ending at the halfpipe. We always play in the Alley practicing aerials (the kids do, I only jump) they learned in summer camp. I try to save up every year to send them to a week camp at either HCSC, MHSSC in Mt Hood for racing camp, but this summer I am allowing them to go just for the terrain park experiences..... My oldest is competing in USASA Nationals this April at Copper so I am sneaking the other two kids into the day camp at Woodward. Has anyone ever been there? I see there is a 35 ft ramp into a foam pit!? God, I wish I were a kid again and had a Mom like me!!!

yes ive been there, I think im the only guy to hit it in hardboots.

but its not that great. you have to take this "introductory class/tour" then every session is only for like an hour, I guess it depends on you kids age.

that "snowflex" sheet you ride on SUUUUCKS, you dont want to fall on it, it can puncture your skin, need to wear gloves atleast.

and it doesnt feel like real snow, its really slow, which is why the start it kinda steep, its kinda hard to hit the kicker when you are just trying to control the board, with what feel like the brakes on.

actually the trampolines and such were more fun. but you cant do them with a board on.

I dont know why they cant do real snow into a foam pit.

Guest shrederjen

I ventured into the Pipe (full size) a few times, 10 days ago at Northstar. Everytime I came close to the lip, this noise emitted from my mouth. Something like aaahhhhhh, but really high pitched. I took a three hour mini class last year. Was fun. I do the pipe, smaller jumps and trees on my PB2. (pure boarding 2) perfect board for freeriding, then pulling off a nice carve when you pop out of the trees onto the groom.

Eh, I'll go in and hit tables if some friends are heading that wway, but I don't stick around too long.

Now any other natural feature that I can get some air off of on the hill is totally my thing. Every roller, reasonable cliff, etc. is fair game.

I thoroughly enjoy playing with every bump I can find, and my park time definitely helps with stability. I find this is most of the reason I find myself drawn to the park.

My every week I try to get one day of carving and one day of trees/steeps/bumps. Right now I'm addicted to stumps on steeps. I'll take a run and cover the stump with snow, and then hit it..Gently.

I've done pipe on my FP, I only landed about 4 or 5 transitions all day!

I am pretty old school with the tricks and I don't get upside down but I like good size air and halfpipe in hardboots and on a big board.I care too much for the most current boards I have to ride rails with them, but in springtime I break out a rockboard and venture onto rails a little more when the rocks reappear out on the rest of the hill..

I'm there with you on the old school tricks. I actually had a kid on the lift go "What was that" when I threw a not so smooth cross-rocket. More like an attempt, I can't tweak that far anymore and only got one hand on. I should have snatched up that pair of old Burton Stumpies I saw on E-bay back in Dec., those would have helped.:D