Note to New Members ×

boar dbag reccomendations

rikytheripster

Guest Randy S.

The DaKine Dually holds more than 2 boards, plus boots. Up to 200cm. Wheels, pretty tough. It was the best I could find when I looked around last year. If you are only using carve/race boards, you might consider the double ski-tube. It is solid plastic, so it won't hold boots, but it will protect your boards well. However, it won't take wider boards and the snowboard tube isn't long enough for big boards.

It kind of depends what you want to do with the bag. For air travel I'd be a bit careful... soft-sided bags tend to fall apart quickly. My last Burton wheelie bag thing (the sexiest one they do) was destroyed on my first outbound flight. That was particularly painful as I had to do some transfer stuff and you can't actually wheel a wheely bag once the baggage handlers have ripped the handles off it.

After going through several of those bags in quick succession I finally discovered the "sport tube" things. You'll find them on the net somewhere. I imported mine from the USA, but you can even get them retail in the UK these days. They sound like the same stuff as the above mentioned ski-tube, except you can fit yer boots in them and also Supermodels (boards not ladies) as well as more svelte boards.

Baggage-wise with the bigger bags you might not want to fully load them. It can be easier to handle two reasonable weight bags than one huge one, and the airlines do have a weight limit somewhere for a single bag (presumably it's what one baggage handler can throw on the ground from out of the 'plane).

Ja, hey dare, I too am purchasing new bags especilly travel zince i am zick and tire of carry dem over da sholder true customes, I need vheels now! this is just what I have found. I have da up above mentioned bags but if just two race boards dis is vhat I recommend. I found a nice Sierra Designs on Campmore.com padded nice mit vheels for 69.00 dollars us. hold up to 203cm also if longer you need den Volkl also make a ski bag padded and dey also make a large travel bag. I put my 201 and my 197 in dem mit bindings and also put jackets and pants and fit well. Reason for ski bag, zimple never harrased at check in always look like ski so no pay extra Helps to prop up luggage mit back pack so scale say 30 lbs for every ting. Ya I know I verk for FAA but you be surprised how much a plane can fly with.

You can find deez bags on line look up. the Volkl is nice stuff but if you need the biggest luggage bag mit vheels and don't mind burton name den so far its the biggest I mean big it re dick ulous

Biggest board bag the F2 XXL hold five race boards up to around 200cm mit vheels!

Right said Shred