Note to New Members ×

Muscle calling...

Hotbeans

that has this happen.Or maybe not.I've been meaning to resarch this but if anyone knows specifically, I'm all ears.Mine seems to have little to do with dehydration.I just wait for it to go away.I should add ,however that it is same day or a day or two after intense effort;but not necessarily after sweating.So I don't know if it has much to do with electrolytes.

Let me guess , ( these are only a guesses )

Your over 35 ?

Your not in "pretty good" shape in fact your kind of "out of shape" ?

You like to surf the net and work on the p.c sitting for hours at a time in one position ?

You don't "eat clean" ?

You tend to get your exorcise in hard short spurts and heavy sessions i.e carving all day a few days a week ?

You like carb's, and more carbs ?

You like coffee, more than 1 cup a day ?

You get pissed easily and stressed, ....or....you are under duress ( could be internal hidden stress that no one can see but you )

Most everyone does or is doing some of the above

If you ad up most of them you will get the "spurious signals" of a body electrical out of sync buzzing, an over feed , under nourished and under exorcised restless leg and muscle switch syndrome

( suggestion ) try sitting behind the desk in "intervals" get a small in door 3ft circular trampoline / re-bounder and bounce around on it after each 1/2 to 1 hour hour behind the computer, it couldn't hurt :)

Let me guess , ( these are only a guesses )

Your over 35 ?

Your not in "pretty good" shape in fact your kind of "out of shape" ?

You like to surf the net and work on the p.c sitting for hours at a time in one position ?

You don't "eat clean" ?

You tend to get your exorcise in hard short spurts and heavy sessions i.e carving all day a few days a week ?

You like carb's, and more carbs ?

You like coffee, more than 1 cup a day ?

You get pissed easily and stressed, ....or....you are under duress ( could be internal hidden stress that no one can see but you )

Most everyone does or is doing some of the above

If you ad up most of them you will get the "spurious signals" of a body electrical out of sync buzzing, an over feed , under nourished and under exorcised restless leg and muscle switch syndrome

( suggestion ) try sitting behind the desk in "intervals" get a small in door 3ft circular trampoline / re-bounder and bounce around on it after each 1/2 to 1 hour hour behind the computer, it couldn't hurt :)

LOL. Well, you guessed right on a few of those points! I do love coffee (hence the coffee roasting biz)..and if a good IPA or a Pinot Noir count towards a poor diet, then so be it.. not gonna give those up!

I went out running with the doggy last nite for a bit..this morning seems to be better. The twitching is still there, just less intense.

I'll try stretching today and see if that helps.

Ursle: catek's, front leg...and actually I have been entertaining the idea of messing with my lift/cant again. I'll try it.

Your muscles are fasiculating...That can be associated with fatigue, it can be associated with lumbar spinal nerve root compression (any back pain, lower leg numbness?), it can be associated with a serious condition called ALS, or it can be idiopathic. There is no association with electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, age, or vascular disease-or caffeine intake

Just my $0.02 as a board certified internist

Skatha: Thanks for taking the time to respond. I hadn't really thought about any complications from a mid-december event on the board. I basically went hard into a carve and the board did it's job..the rest of my body was too far behind. End result was what felt like a muscle tear in my lower back (right side, front leg, same leg that is still twitching...). That being 2 months ago, I'm thinking that I may want to have someone look at it.

thnx again..