Note to New Members ×

June Sat Feb 13th thru Wed Feb 17

garyj

Anyone else braving the crowds this coming weekend? I have ridden President's Day weekend in years past, with June not being so bad and Mammoth being a total fiasco.

Newport Mesa Unified and a few other school districts have the week off, so mid week may be more crowded than usual.

I will be solo, so post where you be ridding and I will keep an eye out.

GC

Hey Gary! Haven't seen you in a while. I'll be up there this long weekend, June on Saturday and Mammoth the rest. I'll look out for you! Do you still have my #? Text yours over to me if you have a chance, I lost my phone and all of the numbers I had in there.

Saturday at June provided good carving. I saw Neil on the Gunsmoke rotation making some beee-uuuu-tiful turns. Didn't ride yesterday, but heard mammoth was way crowded. Will ride mammoth this AM and june in the afternoon.

Gary, thanks man! You were making some awesome deep trenches yourself. Mammoth was quite a zoo on Sunday, even up top and out back, but it was still fun. Sorry we did not get to directly meet up other than the brief yell from the chairlift.

Hi guys,

I saw a few carvers on June and Mammoth, but did not get to ride together with any. A little disappointing. :(

June is indeed a fun mountain, a carvers paradise for the books. How about organizing our own JES (June Expression Session) here. Logistically it would be easy to block a run off without bothering other guests. Food for thought maybe, would be fun.:biggthump

I really hope to ride with others more, I rode with 2 friends in Europe and it is fun to ride each others lines and push the speed limit.:eplus2:

Mammoth was busy Saturday, rode June Sunday and Mammoth yesterday and both days the lifts and the runs were easy.

Stay in touch.

Wolfman, sorry to have missed you. We just got back late last night. I rode solo most of the time.

Last time we got together as a SNES group, Mammoth was less than supportive as indicated by running Neil off the hill with the Demos. On the other hand June embraced the idea. Neil did most of the leg work on that one with little ridding as he managed the demos.

With more time to organize and more people to help we could make a fun event for all. Hope to run into you guys soon.

GC