Note to New Members ×

Pick the ultimate Whistler board (soft boots)

skategoat

I have a family in Whistler and I'm sick of lugging equipment on plane trips so I'm going to buy something and leave it in Whistler. I'm going to probably just go with a softie setup because I get enough hard booting out East.

So what would you pick as the ultimate Whistler setup? Something with enough float for the powder days but stable enough to rip the groomed runs. I like to ride fast.

I was thinking Dupraz but you can't get the things in North America anymore.

Would you ride trees and steep bumps on pow days, or just stick to the open runs?

In the first case, Dynastar 3800, as a cheap alternative to Dupraz. In the later case, Tanker or Steepwater.

Or (shameless plug), look at my freeride board sale, here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29119

or here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29009

Plenty of good options...

If there is a lot of snow, I would go into the bumps and trees. Without snow, just the open runs. I like riding fast in the open bowls like Seventh Heaven. I'm not that big on steeps unless there is a boatload of snow.

The Tanker 172 looks good but kinda pricey at $749. What do you guys think of rockered boards?

Boris, I was looking at that Hammer but it's hard to find any info on it online. I

I think for now, I'm going to take my old Volkl Spline 166 which is mild BX board. I'll see how it works while demoing some of the Prior fleet.