Note to New Members ×

Grease those pigs up

Chubz

Got home yesterday from Sunday River. Haven't seen TV since last Saturday. I sit down tonight and see the storm coming in. Saturday will be ugly, but natural snow Sunday Monday and through the week.

Come one, come all

Post, if you think you are heading to Blue anytime over the next several days. 10- day forecast looks to stay below freezing until Thursday, so hopefully the snow will hold up and groom well clear into next weekend.

We*** don't get the good stuff too often or for extended cold spells so.......

Grease up those pigs and lets make some turns.

Hope to see some folks out there.

Greg

***"We" refers to those of us who live in the Mid Atlantic snow region who get good snow consistency almost never. We can feel each others' pain when looking at dumps in CA, CO and wherever else. They mock us and tell us that "boilerplate" isn't real, it's all in our head. HA!!!!! It's real and it hurts;) Back to MA snow consistency (IT), at times we hate it, we love it, we appreciate it, we despise it, but truth be told, IT makes us better riders and helps us hold our own. At the same time, I would love to head west and ride with a guy who knows his local mountain and shows you how to optimize it. Hell, if I lived there, I wouldn't believe in fairy tales either.

One last message, challenge yourself to visit a resort in some far off land from the Mid Atlantic within the next 5 years. It will rejuvenate you.

Good to be home

Chubz, I'm planning to be out Saturday morning and then Sunday evening (in hopes of finding empty runs). Maybe even Friday night -- people are already cancelling things in anticipation of the "storm" that's a-brewin'. So maybe they'll stay home Friday night and leave the hill to me.

If it's crowded I now have a Donek Incline I think might allow me to dodge obstacles while still in carve mode. Looking forward to trying it out. It has nice sharp edges and seems really solid.

***"We" refers to those of us who live in the Mid Atlantic snow region who get good snow consistency almost never. We can feel each others' pain when looking at dumps in CA, CO and wherever else. They mock us and tell us that "boilerplate" isn't real, it's all in our head. HA!!!!! It's real and it hurts;) Back to MA snow consistency (IT), at times we hate it, we love it, we appreciate it, we despise it, but truth be told, IT makes us better riders and helps us hold our own. At the same time, I would love to head west and ride with a guy who knows his local mountain and shows you how to optimize it. Hell, if I lived there, I wouldn't believe in fairy tales either.

One last message, challenge yourself to visit a resort in some far off land from the Mid Atlantic within the next 5 years. It will rejuvenate you.

AMEN!!!!! Brother Chubz..... keep spreading the gospel of snow.:biggthump

Powder board and all-mtn setups are waiting to roll tomorrow morning. I predicted that I would have reason to pull out the pow stick twice this year, well this is pow ride # 1. It may only last for a few runs, but the snow hath a strange draw to us riders.

See you in the white room.

Jesse

Right on!!! Got the pow stick out for a few runs Saturday morning. It was not a massive dump, but 6-8" is a good time. Hit Sidewinder the first few runs while everyone else was too lazy to climb up the hill. Then I spent most of the morning in the bumps. I'm not a bump rider, but it was just too much fun to pass up. The skiers' keep taking the same lines and pushed the snow into the sweetest piles.

Now for round # 2 Wednesday. Maybe 4-8" by morning, then up to a foot on top of that as the day wears on. Everytime I check the weather the strom is tracking a little further north. No I have to find out how to close ;) the office tomorrow and then make it to the mountain.

Anyone game?

If I can get out in the morning and wife is ok with it. If I do, I plan to leave early enough to get first tracks. Which hill did you climb to get into sidewinder? Was a lift shut down that didnt permit access from the top?

I hope to shovel some tonight once its starts settling in, but dont know if I should bring out the 4807 or stay on the Coiler.

JBS, where did you place bindings on 4807 when you rode it?

The hill I spoke of is the one at the entrance to the park. The big pile of snow that keeps the neverevers out. It was just enough to keep people from hitting it first thing, that was until everyone saw my tracks.

When I rode the 4807 I mounted the bindings centered since it already has a lot of setback. I don't know if there will be enough snow to warrant it, but we will have to wait and see.

It looks like the office will be closed, but I'm not sure how much access people will need from me through out the day. If I think I can make the drive home from the hill tomorrow morning I'll be out. If it is too crazy and we get 18+ I might do a little local hiking close to home. Up for running some shuttle?

Office was closed :D, but I did not make it to Blue :(. The good thing is that I had ample snow to make some BC runs. It may only have been 100' vert, but they were pure powder turns. This is a first for me. I was amazed how much snow there was and how much fun Scott and I had.

Now bring on the packed powder for this weekend :biggthump

Really frustrated, not one but TWO snow days with real actual accumulation and I couldn't go anywhere! Hoping for Saturday morning.

By the way Chubz, the Intec heels have a broken tab. It didn't cause any problem when I used them, but after a thread posted here drew my attention to it I looked at mine and saw they have the same problem. If you don't want them no problem.