Note to New Members ×

Bye Bye MINI hello Element?

Mellow Yellow

The "looks" is controversial, but I studied a lot of reviews as a friend was asking me to help her buy one of these for her, and they were mostly very upbeat.

The space inside this vehicle is unbelivable...add the superior Honda engineering and reliability and fair price...and then the question remains,...do I like how it looks?

P.S. far more practical than a MINI for sure.

Looks more practical than my Elise.

Sweet Christ on a bicycle! you have an Elise? :eek:

On that note, I agree that the Element looks really silly, but it's become a really popular ski-car. It's...hip!

Personally, but maybe it's a Northeast phenomenon, I love Subaru's as winter-cars. Especially the newer ones.

Gecko - Nissan Cube?

Originally posted by Frappe

Gecko - Nissan Cube?

Yup...These are rather popular ski/snowboard vehicles here in Japan. 4 people can ride in comfort with all their junk. They ain't super fast (nice Elise) but with all the plowing done in NE (my next likely duty station) I figure that it'll get me to the mountain in comfort and rather cheaply gas wise

Heh, I must say the orange looks hot. My friend has the red.

Have you gotten past the 1k miles so you can hit the 2nd cam yet?

Those things are a pain to get into at 6'2.

Originally posted by johann

Have you gotten past the 1k miles so you can hit the 2nd cam yet?

Those things are a pain to get into at 6'2.

Haven't hit 1k yet, but I can assure you that the 2nd cam is awesome :-)

Getting in isn't so bad, getting out is. The 3ft deep door sills don't make it easy. I think a detachable steering wheel may be the first mod.

So which is it??

Come to Worcester and find out ;)

Originally posted by Mellow Yellow

well... I have to be so careful with the MINI... as far as scratching it, etc when I go to the hills... mind you the MINI is great in the snow... but I'm thinking of something more practical... that I'm not going to mind roughing up a bit....

So you own a Mini? I am considering buying one but the issue of driving it in the snow was my main concern. Do tell more about the Mini in snow and/or what you don't like about the car.....any lingering issues, etc.

I've read lots of good things about the mini, but want to hear a real owner's opinions, especially a fellow carvers.

thanks