Note to New Members ×

March 14-18

pebu

I'm gonna be flying out to San Francisco/Santa Rosa/Tomales California for business march 14th through 18th. I'm not gonna have time to do any boarding or anything, but I was just seein if anybody could recommend any restaraunts or bars or other various hot spots around santa rosa/tomales area.

I'm taking the GROL training class if anybody knows what that is.

So I'll be driving from SFO to tomales and I'll have plenty of time. Is there any problem with taking Panoramic Hwy and/or Shorline Hwy this time of year? Or at all. Is it worth the trouble?

I've been there before and all, but it was probably 8-10 years ago by now. Just looknig to make my business trip more pleasureable.

depending on the time of day you'll be driving up there, it's absolutely worth the drive!

no problems to drive there, the only danger is you looking on the ocean instead of the road :lol:

if you have time off, taking a hike in point reyes is sooo worth it! the beach there, beautiful!

you really should be posting on tahoecarvers.com though, that's where most of the bay area locals are...

never looked at how far away you were 'til now. if you're into checkin' out regional fastfood chains, in-n-out is worth a try if you haven't had it before. personally, i've always wanted to try white castle, thanks to harold and kumar ;)

stock burgers come with lettuce, tomatoes, and a "spread" that many consider indistinguishable from thousandisland; if desired, you can switch that out for ketchup and/or mustard. they'll always ask if you want onions on your burger (they'll give you raw onions if you say yes, though you can ask to have "grilled onions" or a "whole grilled" slice of onion instead).

you can also order your burger "animal style" where they add pickles, grilled onions, extra spread, and they cook the patty with mustard. fries can also be ordered animal style (comes with spread, grilled onions, and cheese), but the price is unreasonably jacked up on this item; i usually just order regular fries and ask for a couple sides of spread. you can also customize the number of patties and slices of cheese on your burger.

even though they're fast food, they'll pretty much do anything you ask to your burger... cook longer or shorter the patties, fries, or bun.. extra ingredients, etc. for the most part, you'll only run into additional charges for extra patties or cheese.