Note to New Members ×

(a fresh site) freecarvers.com

carvediem

. . . a community for freecarvers . . .

site is online since yesterday and could have turned out worse actually I think it turned out not bad but the only interesting thing in this regard is your feedback . . .

as for me I always wanted to do something like this and a software has become available so I set up the site

also the alpine snowboarding news weblog started at stoked.at is continued there and several of the stories posts and pro rider interviews are archived in the articles section

a couple of features including a chat are only for registered users, uploaded clips and photos and the profiles can be viewed by everyone without logging in

unfortunately though so far the photos can only be viewed in original size once logged in I will try to open that up so that they can be viewed in full size also by visitors

stoked.at stays online as a site with some cool content and I hope you enjoy the community site . . .

. . . http://freecarvers.com . . .

JOIN NOW

:)

. . . a community for freecarvers . . .

site is online since yesterday and could have turned out worse actually I think it turned out not bad but the only interesting thing in this regard is your feedback . . .

as for me I always wanted to do something like this and a software has become available so I set up the site

also the alpine snowboarding news weblog started at stoked.at is continued there and several of the stories posts and pro rider interviews are archived in the articles section

a couple of features including a chat are only for registered users, uploaded clips and photos and the profiles can be viewed by everyone without logging in

unfortunately though so far the photos can only be viewed in original size once logged in I will try to open that up so that they can be viewed in full size also by visitors

stoked.at stays online as a site with some cool content and I hope you enjoy the community site . . .

. . . http://freecarvers.com . . .

JOIN NOW

:)

Nice looking site and i don't want to offend in any way, as there may be some language nuances and differences, but it would be hard for me to join something that I have to call myself a shredder. I have hated the term since the early 90's. Frequently my response to being called such has been - " I don't shred, I am not rad and I ain't your dude. So do you want to go ride?"

Just my two cents. I am hurt, can't ride and a bit bitter in general right now for at least another week I am off snow. So if it sounds like I am a whiny baby you might be right. The day after I got hit it snowed 5 inches, which is not huge but compared to the zero inches in the month before that it seemed fitting.

Has been snowing a lot lately. Damn. [/end of rant]

. . . unfortunately there is overly eager antispam software out there . . . so far this seems to have affected 5 users whose accounts I have activated manually so they are online and login should be possible now . . .

also I have included info about this after the join page now so future users who don't get their email will know what to do . . . sorry for the inconvenience :AR15firin stupid problem that also bigger sites have only that some of them think of mentioning this right away of course . . .

;)

• 7 months later...

. . . so after all I settled for the term "Riders" :) and another software (wordpress with weblog community functions) . . .

and this is it I have fooled around enough with software options for reworking the site and will stick to this system since it also seems to be the most reliable and in the course of this stoked.at has become freecarvers.com so everything is at freecarvers.com now . . .

after a couple of not so great years I am having fun again continuing the site in this way and will add stuff from time to time . . .

check out the site as you like and let me say thanks for your earlier support woo that was quite some time ago when I first did the stoked.at site . . .

so thanks + best carves to ya,

Bernhard