Note to New Members ×

BLACKCOMB/WHISTLER Sunday Jan 24, 2010

I've heard will be sunny on Sunday but just re-confirm the weather forecast is only update till Sat. :biggthump

Confirm:

CarvingScooby

Jairo

Pierre

To confirm:

BlueB

Tenorman

Ruwi

Whos next:

Cousin of Beagle

crucible

Dave*

mr_roboteye

Mike

speedtrials

wakeupjohn

xy9ine

Who else?

Let's confirm and organize the car pooling.

Cheers

Roy:cool:

I'm in if I can bum a ride with someone- I won't have access to my car on Sunday.

I am downtown, but can catch the Skytrain to meet up with Roy or Boris or Ruwi.....Geo

It can be arranged.

Confirm:

CarvingScooby

crucible

Pierre

Jairo

To Confirm:

BlueB

Tenorman

Ruwi

Whos next:

Cousin of Beagle

Dave*

mr_roboteye

Mike

speedtrials

wakeupjohn

xy9ine

Cheers

Roy

What sunshine? Below is long term forecast for Whistler village from the Weather Network. Snow on Sunday... Bring the big all-mountain boards at least.

Update for alpine conditions for Sunday should be available tomorrow.

I should be able to confirm tomorrow, too.

post-1678-141842299138_thumb.jpg

Alpine update from resort's site:

Extended forecast for Whistler - Blackcomb.

Friday..A mix of sun and cloud.

Freezing level 1000 metres.

Saturday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries.

Freezing level near valley bottom.

Sunday..Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries.

Freezing level 1000 metres.

This looks better for carving then the other forecast I posted. Not too crazy dumps today and tomorow, either.

I've heard will be sunny on Sunday but just re-confirm the weather forecast is only update till Sat. :biggthump

Confirm:

CarvingScooby

Jairo

Pierre

To confirm:

BlueB

Tenorman

Ruwi

Whos next:

Cousin of Beagle

crucible

Dave*

mr_roboteye

Mike

speedtrials

wakeupjohn

xy9ine

Who else?

Let's confirm and organize the car pooling.

Cheers

Roy:cool:

I am there -- 23 -26 Jan, -- mostly Blackcomb Sat and Sun -- Whistler on Monday Tuesday -

Confirmed:

CarvingScooby

crucible

Pierre

Jairo

BlueB

To Confirm:

Tenorman

Ruwi

Meet us there:

C5 Golfer

Wake up call:

Cousin of Beagle

Dave*

mr_roboteye

Mike

speedtrials

wakeupjohn

xy9ine

Carpool suggestion:

My old Jeep: Scooby, Jairo and BlueB (same neighbourhood)

Could Pierre pick George on his way through downtown?

Will be around Roller Coaster chair in the morning

Make that Sollar Coaster ;)

Conditions forecast has changed in carvers' favour: cold and pretty low to none precipitation over next 2 days:

"Whistler - Blackcomb.

Tonight..Cloudy periods.

Alpine low minus 5.

Freezing level lowering to valley bottom.

Mountaintop wind light.

Saturday..Cloudy. A few flurries beginning in the afternoon.

Snowfall amount slight.

Alpine temperature steady near minus 5.

Mountaintop wind light.

Sunday..Mainly cloudy. Light snow beginning early in the evening.

Snowfall amount 2 cm.

Freezing level valley bottom."

Al, looking forward to riding/talking with you again. It's been what, 4 years?

Cool, what lenght & type of FLC u order.

2nd board will be parked at Randezvous. Will be around Roller Coaster chair in the morning and if 7th Heaven is open will be playin around Cloud Nine and Panorama.

Cheers

Roy

It be a 173 19cm White the Red maple leaves - I figured with a handful of 178-179 boards in the quiver and one 173 Volkl and a 174 4WD - I should have one more short board..

I pick it Saturday.. hopefully mount bindings Sat night in the Condo and off to Blackcomb with Girlfriend on Sunday morning.

Conditions forecast has changed in carvers' favour: cold and pretty low to none precipitation over next 2 days:

"Whistler - Blackcomb.

Tonight..Cloudy periods.

Alpine low minus 5.

Freezing level lowering to valley bottom.

Mountaintop wind light.

Saturday..Cloudy. A few flurries beginning in the afternoon.

Snowfall amount slight.

Alpine temperature steady near minus 5.

Mountaintop wind light.

Sunday..Mainly cloudy. Light snow beginning early in the evening.

Snowfall amount 2 cm.

Freezing level valley bottom."

Al, looking forward to riding/talking with you again. It's been what, 4 years?

At least 4 years.. last time when a bunch of us met on Whistler.. see you Sunday..hope fully we meet up.. looking forward to great snow..

:D Last Sunday , was ridin in choppy condition :freak3:along that chair and remind me of a Roller Coaster :rolleyes:

Uuhh, I wonder if Tenorman going to unleash the "BOING" PRIOR FLCM - 185:eplus2:

Cheers

Roy

NOTE: "BOING"= sound of an unleash spring - sound like airbus compatitor (;

:D Uuhh, I wonder if Tenorman going to unleash the "POING" PRIOR FLCM - 185:eplus2:

hi ROY

looks like hero snow conditions for this coming sunday. i was going to ride the new f2 speedster i got last year since i only rode it once (i spent too much time on all those "new to me" burton factory primes i bought last year.)

if everyone else is going to ride metal, i'll reluctantly bring mine out but i think you guys are making a mistake. with glass boards we can pop all over the place!

btw looking forward to meeting C5 GOLFER and getting tips from him on how to deal with women.

Hey Doug, I think you are going to like your "mile-high-camber" metal Prior. It might bring you the best of both worlds: "boing" that you like and smoothness of the metal.

I don't even have any big glass carving boards any more, at least not big enough for Whistler...

hi ROY

looks like hero snow conditions for this coming sunday. i was going to ride the new f2 speedster i got last year since i only rode it once (i spent too much time on all those "new to me" burton factory primes i bought last year.)

if everyone else is going to ride metal, i'll reluctantly bring mine out but i think you guys are making a mistake. with glass boards we can pop all over the place!

btw looking forward to meeting C5 GOLFER and getting tips from him on how to deal with women.

Tenorman,

Lookinig forward to meeting you - just picked the new Prior board (FLC) and will be riding it tomorrow. Look for the big guy with the white board and fashy red maple leaves (173 length) and a grin on his face. That will be C5 Golfer.

As for the discussion about women - well, since I am 63 yrs young and well experienced with the Femme fatale, I can only say one thing. Be afraid, very very afraid. How about if we discuss this 1:1.

See ya tomorrow,

P.S. this is C5 Golfer's gurlfriend writing this while he is cooking me dinner as I sit here drinking a lucious cabernet talking to you, while we are in our Whistler condo.

Hey,

Susan and Al was nice meeting you.

just picked the new Prior board (FLC)
Nice board, temptation:rolleyes: for one:eek:.

Sorry have to bail out early, and now instead Red Wine w/ my supper have to take Novo & Cyclo:p Don't forget to share the pic, thx.

Had great day today, cudn't be better. Boris will continue in detail.

YVR Carvers:

BlueB - Boris, thx for the ride

crucible - Geo

Ruwi - thx for organise the pick up.

tenorman - Doug, thx for the lunch.

Pierre

Boys, thanks for the company, awesome day to day...

Looking forward for March'10.

Cheers

Roy

Hey, guys, great riding with all of you. Group of 7 carvers is something that Whistler didn't see from last year :D

Al (C5), thanks for visiting. I trust that your skier GF is ready to try HBs now, after watching the "show" yesterdy. That new FLC of your's would be a great board for her - you can always get a "man's size" of Prior's rack ;)

Conditions: absolute hero snow - havn't ridden better for long time. Crowds very small for Sunday. Nice sub 0 temps, but not too cold. High overcast skies.

Various toys the group brought: 4WD 174, AM 172/12, WCRM 173W, FLC 173, FLC 183 "supercharger", Virus Scalpel 170, Kessler 185 x2, Kessler BX 168N.

Most improved rider: Pierre on the Scalpel. Way to go buddy! Good move switching from Swoard to Scalpel, for your style of riding.

Runs/chairs: Sollar Coaster (run of the day, just awsome!), 7th heaven, Glacier. Short excursions to the last 2 were pure waste of good carving time. 7th was ungroomed on top, very windy and big crowd on the upper access cat track. Glacier was ungroomed.

Observations on Kessler 185: Finally, enough space and good snow to let the beast run! Awsome, shear speed and power. Definitelly not a small hill board, though. At speed and good snow, it didn't feel too stiff (for me) any more. Mega edge hold, easy release, can even EC when wanted. Carves over ungroomed better than smaller, lighter boars.

Scooby had Hangels on his and liked it. I rode mine with Burton Risers with an extra layer of very thin cutting board under and TD3 suspension. Risers definitelly made difference to the feeling (better) then before when I rode it only with TD3/yellow.

In the afternoon I switched to Kessler BX and had a blast. So playfull compared to the big bad 185. Race carve -check, EC - check, pop - check, hook uphill - check, gates - check (too small for GS though), 360 spins on steep - check.

Looking forward to another opportunity like yesterday.

I think that next invasion of Van carvers would be onto Baker in February...

Hey, guys, great riding with all of you. Group of 7 carvers is something that Whistler didn't see from last year :D

Al (C5), thanks for visiting. I trust that your skier GF is ready to try HBs now, after watching the "show" yesterdy. That new FLC of your's would be a great board for her - you can always get a "man's size" of Prior's rack ;)

Conditions: absolute hero snow - havn't ridden better for long time. Crowds very small for Sunday. Nice sub 0 temps, but not too cold. High overcast skies.

Various toys the group brought: 4WD 174, AM 172/12, WCRM 173W, FLC 173, FLC 183 "supercharger", Virus Scalpel 170, Kessler 185 x2, Kessler BX 168N.

Most improved rider: Pierre on the Scalpel. Way to go buddy! Good move switching from Swoard to Scalpel, for your style of riding.

Runs/chairs: Sollar Coaster (run of the day, just awsome!), 7th heaven, Glacier. Short excursions to the last 2 were pure waste of good carving time. 7th was ungroomed on top, very windy and big crowd on the upper access cat track. Glacier was ungroomed.

Observations on Kessler 185: Finally, enough space and good snow to let the beast run! Awsome, shear speed and power. Definitelly not a small hill board, though. At speed and good snow, it didn't feel too stiff (for me) any more. Mega edge hold, easy release, can even EC when wanted. Carves over ungroomed better than smaller, lighter boars.

Scooby had Hangels on his and liked it. I rode mine with Burton Risers with an extra layer of very thin cutting board under and TD3 suspension. Risers definitelly made difference to the feeling (better) then before when I rode it only with TD3/yellow.

In the afternoon I switched to Kessler BX and had a blast. So playfull compared to the big bad 185. Race carve -check, EC - check, pop - check, hook uphill - check, gates - check (too small for GS though), 360 spins on steep - check.

Looking forward to another opportunity like yesterday.

I think that next invasion of Van carvers would be onto Baker in February...

GF says hi to all and had a wonderful time with you guys... we will be posting pics upon our return to the States.. We had an epic day with new snow today ... no one on ridge Runner and fresh stuff everywhere but high winds in the glacier. Going to whistler tomorrow.. then headinhome..

Bye:biggthump for now and thanks so much for the great day on sunday..

Al

Hey Ondrej!

Good to hear from you! How's Norway?

We had great time at Whistler, hero snow, good crew...

Local Vacouver mountains suck right now - all the snow melted away...

Hey, Norway is awesome, it's really cold but that also means we have powder only :D It is definitely the best carving I had. Wide slopes, perfect groomed powder and NO people :)

Check out this public link, I took a couple of pictures on Monday, the slopes are at 3pm, it was minus 19 the whole day...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2033614&id=1107392865&l=2ca46ae254