Note to New Members ×

soft boots and a duck stance, or twin tip skis?

Call me jack

ok i realize this might not be the best forum to post this on, but this seems to be the only one i'm subscribed to that will give me understand input

ok, so...

i rode my soft boot snowboard today, which i use primarily with my friend when we're all just playing round on the hill, whether it be free riding, jibing, what ever... but i realized that it's just not that fun any more, compared to my alpine board. it just doesn't ride the way i want it too...

So i'm thinking about selling it and getting a pair of twin tip skis; i much prefer hard boots over softies, now days, and think that any circumstance where i would rather use soft boots can just be replaced by a pair of twin tips.

the only catch is i've never skied before. but it seems rather intuitive.

so what do you think? can twin tip skis adequately replace a soft boot snowboard with a duck stance?

PS: for some odd reason, i already own a pair of free style ski boots

Nothing wrong with having skis, but selling the softies? Sure you don't want to keep them for pow days? Doing pow turns while ducked out in softies on a freestyle board is one of life's greatest sensations. It's literally why I bought a house in the mountains. Who needs crack or meth when you've got fresh pow? Sure I carve too, but I didn't even start that until I was already here and looking for something to do while I waited for the next pow day.

IMO you should keep the softies. there's a certain learning curve involved with skiing, unless you want to do the power wedge all over the mountain. since you already know how to ride, i would suggest trying a reverse camber board. I know some people on here think they're crap, and whatever, but i started riding one, and it's so loose and playful, if you're just messin around, it's way more fun than traditional camber. If you're lookin to ride park, can i just say that the learning curve for skiing rails is way more painful than riding them. there's no easy 50/50 equivalent on skis. although it is easier to spin on skis.