Note to New Members ×

Another Catek ?; sorry Bomber...

fishrising

I can't remember what the base plate (discs) looks like on the newer cateks...

If I buy another disc set, so that I can mount my bindings on another board, by simply undoing the kingpins, is there a way to run a cable lock through the disc (base plate) of the unused board to lock it to a ski rack?

I don't recall if there is a cut out on the base plates to allow this or not...

I won these bindings at ECES, so for economical reasons, I am looking into a 2nd set of base plates, vs another set of bindings. So, it's not that I like cateks better than the TDs (I have both and like both)...this board seems to get more traffic than catek's forum...so I posted it in both...

Hey Ben,

I don't believe that there are any cut-outs to allow a cable lock on the Catek disks. There is a lock out there that has a ball that you screw into one of the empty inserts of your board that allows a cable lock to pass thru the ball and lock it to a ski rack. I think it is called The Ball & Chain...but I'm not sure. The locking system was out about 4-5 years ago.. so it might have gone by the wayside!

Hope this helps!

I ride at a resort where leaving a 2nd board in the car is a hassle (tram ride and a good walk from the best carving).

Here's my solution. It works best with Bombers coupled with a board with 4x2 inserts (the eye bolts screw right through the center disk into the empty inserts). However, on 4x4 or 3d boards with Bombers or any board with Cateks, you can get by with just removing two screws. It's still as secure and you don't need to fumble with stance width.

The M6 eyebolts were rather hard to find, and not all that cheap ($3.50 each), but much cheaper than a new board and 2nd board kit...

Find the eyebolts here:

http://www.highlandrigging.com/products/bolts.html

I suppose there is still the possibility of some punk bringing bolt cutters up the tram, but given that board theft is a crime of opportunity, I think the bolt cutter risk is rather low.

Here are some pics:

dsas5

dsb29

dsb2f