Note to New Members ×

Riding at Mountain Creek 2010

Erik J

I'm starting this thread for those planning on riding at Mtn Creek. Instead of having several different posts, this may simplify things. Post when you are riding.

I'll be out tomorrow morning 1/8 around 9:30 or so trying to get my broken self to loosen up and make a decent turn.

Cafercr, I hope you are talking about Sunday 1/10 because I will also be there at 8:00 am waiting for the gondola to open.

no sorry - was talking about today....it's 12:40 now and i just got home....the snow is perfect....I so enjoy ripping turns in hero snow....Fox was my Favorite today.

I will not be there tomorrow. Be back on monday morning...sport the madd and giving carving lessons to my wife - her second time out.:biggthump and she is doing awesome.

Be back on monday morning...sport the madd and giving carving lessons to my wife - her second time out. and she is doing awesome

Happy to hear the misses is getting into carving. My wifes skiing days are over and I don't think she will be on a board any time soon but she still comes out to watch the kids ride.

I rode from 8 - 11 am today (Sunday 1/10) at MC north and Granite Peak. I rode zero-G, Devils Bit and what used to be called Upper and Lower Straightaway. Conditions were superb for carving. The snow was like a firm styrafoam.

I'm heading up to Belleayre on Wednesday to ride for the day. They have $20 lifts every Wednesday during January. I've got room for 2 more people if any one else would like to go.

Happy to hear the misses is getting into carving. My wifes skiing days are over and I don't think she will be on a board any time soon but she still comes out to watch the kids ride.

I rode from 8 - 11 am today (Sunday 1/10) at MC north and Granite Peak. I rode zero-G, Devils Bit and what used to be called Upper and Lower Straightaway. Conditions were superb for carving. The snow was like a firm styrafoam.

I'm heading up to Belleayre on Wednesday to ride for the day. They have $20 lifts every Wednesday during January. I've got room for 2 more people if any one else would like to go.

Yes yes ye - as Chubz says "Hero snow" lol

Belleayre and room for 2 ? Man I wanna go!!!!! Don't think so....but....there is always a but....lol....it will be a last minute think if so. Gotta see how work goes on Tuesday....I'll let you know Tuesday afternoon.

Belleayre has $20 lift tickets every Wednesday during the month of January. Also Once a month on a friday they have 1/2 price tickets and there is some other deal that you can ride free on your birthday. If your b-day doesn't happen during the winter they match it to a day sometime during the winter so you can still ride free. Make sure to peruse their website because there are all sorts of deals going on.

Joe, sorry you can't make it but make sure to post if you plan on going up there as I will do the same.

Joe, sorry you can't make it but make sure to post if you plan on going up there as I will do the same.

how was it?

it stead of waiting let's plan a trip. I can do a weds or a friday. let's pick one and start our own little fun day.

I also have an Excursion SUV with lots of room for gear and a 3rd row of seats.

who else is up for a daytrip to Belleayre?

1. Cafercr

2.jtslalom

Not to bust chops cafercr but it was great. The snow was perfect with about 2 inches of fresh snow from the night before. We did a few runs in the glades and it was nice but most of the time we were on the groomers ripping turns. I did meet up with another carver on a burton deck with hard boots. Can't remeber his name but it was fun riding with him for a run. Over all it was a great day. It would have been nice if you were there. Next time dude.

I rode from 3:30 to about 6:30. Conditions were pretty good. A little on the soft semi-mushy side but definately carvable. I rode with a bunch of guys that I once had for students in high school. WOW, these guys could catch some wicked air. They could also carve. It was pretty cool to see.

I won't be out this weekend but for maybe the Sugar slope with my kids. See you next week on Monday night. Joe we should try to pick a date for Belleayre and hopefully others will join. i can't do anything for the next two weeks but maybe towards the beginning of February.

Creek was really nice this morning. Just a little soft with good groom. ZeroG was sweeeeet.

It's been tough for me getting out on a consistent basis. I keep all of my equipment in the car now so I can steal a few runs between busyness.

I might be able to swing a Wed up-north trip if you guys decide on a date.

I will be riding at Mountain Creek North tonight (Friday 1/22) from about 2:30 - 4:00 pm and then again at around 6:00 - 8:00 pm. I will also be riding Sunday 1/24 morning from 8:00 - 11:00 provided it isn't raining. Hope to see other carvers.

Let me know how your first session is....I may come out and meet you for the 6-8

I will be at the gondola at 8am Sunday morning....if it doesn't rain....:biggthump BTW - Saturday also.

Hey Cafer,

First session was pretty good. The snow at north is very inconsistent. They blew snow in some places and it is soft but in others it's a little hard. Zero-G was a little hard but definately carvable. I rode it every run until 3:50. It was nice not to have a zillion people dive bombing the slope. I actually felt comfortable carving good lines and using transition. I don't think I will be out at 6:00 though. I am taking my daughter their in 5 minutes for about an hour or so and then we are going to a basketball game. However, I am looking forward to riding with you Sunday morning. I will definately be there first lift in the morning barring any rain. I will call you.