Note to New Members ×

Cooper Cup

Mrs. Wrangler

So, I noticed the Cooper Cup at Ski Cooper is this weekend (Sunday). I have tried calling Cooper, but they don't know when registration is or when the race starts (not on the site either).

I remember finding this race last year on these boards, so I was hoping someone (anyone) knew anything about the registration times and/or the inspection/start times.

All boarders are welcome - they have an alpine snowboard division too!

Thanks!

Almost immediately after I posted this question, I received a call back from Jeff Maddex at Ski Cooper.

For anyone else who wants to bring their board out and race 'biggerwranger'.

Registration is from 9-11 in the main floor of the day lodge

Inspection run (can run full speed if desired) will be around 10-10:30 when they have the course up on Black Powder (their regular NASTAR run)

Race begins at NOON sharp. No order to it, just first come first served. Two runs.

Discount tickets can be picked up at the Safeway in Leadville for $33! and registration is something like $5 or $10!

See ya out there!

Mrs. Wrangler-do you know if they are running a Super G again this year? Pulled up the web site for Cooper and kind of answered my own question. GS scheduled for Jan 3rd, Downhill Jan 17th and two more Cooper Cup races scheduled in Feb with no specified format. They ususlly cover all formats so I will assume the two races in Feb will be super g and slalom.

Think Snow!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I did not notice this a lot sooner...

will try to get the rest of our season's schedule posted asap.

um to answer a few questions...

I ran the downhill on my burner 188. wish i had a 197. maybe next year. but want the new trenchdiggers as next major purchase...

think about half a dozen snowboarders competed in the town division

as normal I was the lone hardbooter.

No scheduled town super-g. but a charity super-g race is being held which we just added on Saturday Feb. 6th. It is to benifit an adaptive athlete on his way to the para-olympics. I will post cost and full details soon. Cooper race director welcomes alpine snowboarders participation. I have all the masters ski racers used to seeing a hardbooter... George's fundraiser would be a great event to promote more diversity on the hill.

Anyways, I am Todd I formerly was racing USASA every chance I got but the last three winters I have been on the race crew at Ski Cooper....

more info soon