Note to New Members ×

World Cup - Telluride (Dec. 17th)

yyzcanuck

From the article posted HERE:

Anderson and Lambert take gold and silver

By Katie Rook, CTVOlympics.ca

Posted Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:52 PM ET

Canadian snowboarder Jasey-Jay Anderson took the gold medal at Thursday's World Cup event in Telluride, Colo. following a duel for the top spot with teammate Michael Lambert.

Lambert's second place finish in the parallel giant slalom event is particularly significant because he needs three top-5 finishes to qualify for the Olympic team and to date had none.

"After the first and second run I wasn't feeling it...I thought all I can do out there is go out there and attack and attack...," Lambert said in a post race interview.

Lambert's approach to Thursday's race, he says, was inspired in part by Alpine skier Manuel Osborne-Paradis who won the Super-G at Lake Louise earlier this month and described his performance as an attack on every turn.

"I was just thinking about attacking every single turn," Lambert said.

Bronze went to Slovenia's Rok Flanders.

Anderson's gold medal is his 57th World Cup medal across all disciplines and his 23rd medal in PGS. Anderson secured his Olympic berth last year when he won the World Championships in Gangwon, Korea.

"Tuesday was a bit of a rough day, and today, I didn't expect it, really," Anderson told CTVOlympics.ca. "Obviously I was hoping and I knew I could do it, but it's always a big challenge because there's so many runs to do.

"The cool part was how strong the team was this week. We're kicking off this whole thing with four podiums, which is pretty outstanding."

The snowboarding veteran called going head-to-head with teammate Lambert "awesome."

"It was Mike's first podium, his first finals, and I was glad to be there with him," Anderson said. "I was able to stand up against him, and be the old guy that you can't just push around."

At a PGS event staged Tuesday, Matthew Morison won the gold medal while female rider Kimiko Zakreski secured the bronze medal.

"Today is definitely going to help build a lot of confidence not only with me but with the team," Lambert said.

"We're definitely heating it up."

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, SBX and paralel GS - starts at 3 PM Central.

Somebody record it please :biggthump

Snowboarding

Visa US Snowboardcross

Sun, Jan 3, 3:00p - 4:00p

075 VERSUS

2010 | 60 mins

From Telluride, Colo.

Snowboarding

Visa US Snowboardcross - Parallel Giant Slalom

Sun, Jan 3, 4:00p - 5:00p

075 VERSUS

2010 | 60 mins