Note to New Members ×

Need Help With Thesis Research!

Jessimoe30

As a reseacher myself, in psychology, I feel that the researcher needs to decide based on her research hypothesis and implications of her research If she would like to do a indiviadual assessment of one man's professional situation talk to phil (Case Study). That would be her choice but a poor study and narrow implications. If she included a broad perspective of subjects she would gain knowledge of the the effects of her study on both non professional, semi professional, and professional athletes. The study would then determine whether or not fear is different for these individuals and we could then stop arguing about it and no for sure what is going on. The beetle says give us all the survey and ask each participant to state level of snowboarding, races won, championship status, olympic gold medals, coach or whatever and seperate into categories she feels appropriate. Hopefully then the researcher will let us know whether real racers are more afraid then people like us.

Bomber is a great place to gather a broad perspective. From professional to beginner. Surveys are nice cuz the researcher can seperate them the way they choose once they get a stack of surveys. Anyway I gotta get back to my mountain and trench dig. I think Jessica Horton needs to sort this out. I did believe people here were all alpine snowboarders. I guess the surveys will tell who is here and what they do.

Unless Phil already did a survey and i didnt get that memo.

Zya

As a reseacher myself, in psychology, I feel that the researcher needs to decide based on her research hypothesis and implications of her research If she would like to do a indiviadual assessment of one man's professional situation talk to phil (Case Study). That would be her choice but a poor study and narrow implications. If she included a broad perspective of subjects she would gain knowledge of the the effects of her study on both non professional, semi professional, and professional athletes. The study would then determine whether or not fear is different for these individuals and we could then stop arguing about it and no for sure what is going on. The beetle says give us all the survey and ask each participant to state level of snowboarding, races won, championship status, olympic gold medals, coach or whatever and seperate into categories she feels appropriate. Hopefully then the researcher will let us know whether real racers are more afraid then people like us.

Bomber is a great place to gather a broad perspective. From professional to beginner. Surveys are nice cuz the researcher can seperate them the way they choose once they get a stack of surveys. Anyway I gotta get back to my mountain and trench dig. I think Jessica Horton needs to sort this out. I did believe people here were all alpine snowboarders. I guess the surveys will tell who is here and what they do.

Unless Phil already did a survey and i didnt get that memo.

Zya

Beetle is you read Jessica's posting she does a good job outlining what she is looking for. "The best athletes possible", "pro and semi pro snowboarders".

Why can't you understand that she is looking for high level snowboarders who make thier living by snowboarding.

It seems that you have an issue with your own ego, and it may be good practice for you to be honest with your self. Although you really want to be involved in Jessica's survey, and want to be associated with athletes like, Chris Klug, Graham Watanabe, and other PROFESSIONAL snowboarders, you must realize that you are not a prefessional athlete.

You are right Beetle, the majority of people on this forum are alpine snowboarders, but that does not mean they are professional alpine snowboarders.

Again she has outlined that she is looking for pro and semi pro snowboarders. In order to be considered a professional at anything you must earn a majority of your income through this profession. To be a semi pro you at least have to make some money at it. She said that she wants to keep the standard high as to make the study as publishable as possible. Mixing data from top level athletes and Nastar racers will not give legitimate results.

Jessica-

I hope since you are faced with such a low n that you are directly approaching the athletes themselves.

Posting pleas for assistance on an online forum will net you a lot of :boxing_sm but not many participants.

Perhaps a better approach would be to troll the boards for contact information for aforementioned athletes.

Good Luck!

Beetle, thanks for proving my point that FEW real pros post here.

Out off all the registered members you pull two names.

One is a legit World Cup athlete who rarely post anything or checks this site's forum.

The second is a semi-pro athlete who is one of the top up and coming riders and will some day be a full time world cup athlete, he does post from time to time and takes part when he has time.