Note to New Members ×

Boot Size, listen to Bomber folks!

RJ-PS

This is kind of an apology and a kissing butt thing for Michelle and Fin. I just purchased a pair of boots online and when I got them I did the shell test and they were too big. You would have thought I would have read the directions about how to measure your foot and not ordered incorrectly. The problem is I used my current Raichle's in MP 28.5 and figured since my foot measures a 26.67 in their way of doing things it must be my incredibly wide foot that makes it impossible to go smaller. Well that just makes it a headache for the folks at Bomber as they are resending me a pair of boots because the ones I got don't fit.

Anyway, my posting is if you're gonna buy new boots, please read carefully and buy accordingly. This will save time, money, and effort. And you won't have to post an apology to keep your conscience free.

Apology accepted! It's really not a big deal as we get this all the time, but thanks so much for the post! YES, everyone needs to listen to the Bomber folks! ;)

We get this all the time where peole are convinced they are size X because they have converted their street shoe size and not bothered to read the sizing instructions. (and I am not implying that you did this at all, this is all for the general public)

Your street shoes are meant to be comfortable and fun, they are not a performance shoe by any means! Also, the Mondo sizing is precise - it is the length of your foot in centimeters. It does not run big or small, it is the length of your foot in centimeters! That's all, no questions. You may wear size 8 in Nike, and size 10 in Addidas, but you will always wear the same Mondo size. So anyone reading this please read and follow the sizing instructions on the web site. We have fit many many boots here in the office with 99.9% accuracy with this system. If you deviate from the instructions, you run the risk of not getting the right size and having to do the exchange. This causes a loss of time and money for everyone, and you also take the chance that we will not have the size you need when you email me to exchange.

We can get it right the first time, and alleviate all the troubles.

Consider your conscience free and clear!

Michelle

The problem is I used my current Raichle's in MP 28.5 and figured since my foot measures a 26.67 in their way of doing things it must be my incredibly wide foot that makes it impossible to go smaller.

How wide is wide? I used to wear 28s because I needed that width to be comfortable. That worked when trying stuff on in the shop (ten years ago, when you could find alpine gear in shops). And the Raichle chart said 10 = 28, and I wear size 10 sneakers. Unfortunately my foot is about 26.5 long, so it was never real comfortable on the slopes. Now I'm wearing 27s that have been widened about 1/8" by a boot fitter. It's WAY better than my old 28s, and apparently it's possible to go wider, so I'm probably getting some 26s this season.

A fitter once told me that my foot is C width when sitting down and D width when standing on it. Hopefully that gives you something to go on. If you can get smaller boots widened I think you might like them a lot.