Note to New Members ×

Stevens Pass carvers

Sultan Guy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be up there for the next few Wednesdays, and one day per weekend, if the snowpack stays decent. Excelsior, I'll send you a PM... I have AWD and snow tires. (And a clutch problem, but I hope to get that fixed Monday.)

This coming weekend, I'll be there Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

I think. Got word today from my doc, bruised the top of my femur, and torn meniscus. Surgery consult later this week, looks like orthoscopic surgery on the menu. Always remember to carve AROUND the trail merge signs, not through them! It was fun riding with you, sultan guy, I'd a been safer in the park!

I think. Got word today from my doc, bruised the top of my femur, and torn meniscus. Surgery consult later this week, looks like orthoscopic surgery on the menu. Always remember to carve AROUND the trail merge signs, not through them! It was fun riding with you, sultan guy, I'd a been safer in the park!

Jon, sorry to hear of your injury. :( I hope you don't need the surgery, if you do, I wish you a fast and complete recovery. Bryan

Sorry to hear it, Jon. :(

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY got my surgery consult appt. tomorrow. Find out then what is on the menu. Gonna ask for one more "day pass" as it were, to get some riding in. Been walking, climbing stairs, etc. to get strength in the knee. Very little pain in normal use as of now, deep knee bends are out right now though! I'm a prayin' for one last day!!!

Met up w/sultan guy, he was looking good on the Hot Blast. Had snow mixed with rain, was soaked by noon when I left. Sims Daytona is a decent carver for its width. I pushed it hard enough in the soft stuff to be in danger of folding the nose...it was begging for mercy!! Good to be back on a board again, my attitude is much better now...