We're thinking rock boards and softies.

Yay's :

1) Me

2) Andrea

3) Slopestar (Lance Felice) + Mark Sedman + Wife/jibbers & Marc Huard/skidder

4) Aaron

5) Terry (He'll be patrolling, right?)

6) Bendy Erwin (permitting conditions)

I should be there also. I am going to go either Tues or Wed for a few hours in the morning. Should be able to give a report when I return.

I would think that with all the snow they have been blowing over the past few days that coverage would be more than adequate to bring out the nicer sticks as long as you don't get close to the edges of the runs.

Not sure if its a good thing but I have recruited several guys that ride at my office to go up Sunday. Lets hope they open up more of the mountain by sunday and the Highway Patrol doesn't decide to require 4wd with chains at running springs because of an inch or two of snow on sunday...:AR15firin

Just thought I would check in with everybody. Looks like Aaron and I will be gong up on Thursday. Will let you know what is open. Summit says they are now concentrating on chair 7 with snow making, so keep your fingers crossed.

I will also be up on Sunday, but I will be training with the Patrol. Hope I can at least come say hello to everyone.

Who's in for a first run at summit?

We're thinking rock boards and softies.

Yay's :

1) Me

2) Andrea

3) Bendy Erwin (confirm?)

4) Slopestar (Lance Felice) + Mark Sedman + Wife/jibbers & Marc Huard/skidder.

5) Aaron

6) Terry (He'll be patrolling, right?)

added to your list of confirmed...There are no friends on a pow day/keep up if you can!!!:eplus2:

Possible rain / snow for Dec. 6th. I'll be a no show.

Tomorrow (Dec. 3) might be my first day on the slopes. If I go, I'll post up a Snow Summit report.

Forecast is looking good for next week!

Thanks gdboytyler/ now I am doubting going on Sunday.:nono: I have the week of the 7th of and may have to opt out of Sunday. Might be better anyway to go midweek.

Coverage was great on the runs that were open. I didn't hit any rocks today. They were blowing snow over on the Chair 7 area up to 11:00 am. I am sure Chair 7 will be open for the weekend.

There were a couple other carvers there, hopster and his friend Rick. We also ran into Dennis who was on his new Prior ATV. He won't be able to join us on Sunday, I asked.

One word on the conditions at Summit today---CARVALICIOUS!! ...

Sounds great! I'm packing my gear now for a Friday session :biggthump

i was wondering when you were going to tell us about your day at snow summit, sounds like we will see you on sunday

come on carvers, let's all go up sunday and leave enough trenches for the skiers to trip and fall

Forecast for Sunday is still iffy, so I'll probably be skateboarding instead of snowboarding.

I'll take anything except for rain...

I remember going on a rainy day last year. January 21 to be specific, and I stayed about 1 hour before leaving.

Anyway, I'm prepping the ATV. I figure I'll ride the shorter board and see if I can get some tight turns consistently on Miracle.

Now that there's finally snow, I wish my Coiler was here. Ah well, I'd wait till January anyway for a better base before bringing it out.

which Coiler are you waiting for?

Custom build from Bruce.

164 by 23 with tight VSR and stubby nose/tail. I'm not sure if he's making decambered tips. it's supposed to be my all around carving all-mountain board for groomers to moguls. The only thing it doesn't need to do is powder.

Saw the weather this morning. Sunday is go day. Bringing my ultra prime and the custom. Probably will ride the custom for first hour or so/first day and all. Then switch up to the prime. Maybe I'll ride my super new never seen custom made special over my 11 year old/ one and only carving setup... you guys are like chicks and shoes. I would kill to have a quiver of exotic and specialized boards but I realized long ago that you can only ride them one at a time...besides I can barely afford the lift ticket without taking food off my kids plates.

Saw the weather this morning. Sunday is go day. Bringing my ultra prime and the custom. Probably will ride the custom for first hour or so/first day and all. Then switch up to the prime. Maybe I'll ride my super new never seen custom made special over my 11 year old/ one and only carving setup... you guys are like chicks and shoes. I would kill to have a quiver of exotic and specialized boards but I realized long ago that you can only ride them one at a time...besides I can barely afford the lift ticket without taking food off my kids plates.

I've been working to trim down the quiver both for my skateboards and snowboards.

I'm down to three skateboards and only 5 sets of wheels now...

I have 3 snowboards, one of them I've dedicated as my brother's snowboard, but he doesn't ride anywhere near the amount that I do, so I still ride it every now and then. So, it's technically 2 boards. I'm trying to make the perfect all mountain stick. A 192cm Tanker doesn't exactly make the perfect all-mountain board, it's awesome, but there are times where I wish I had shorter, like 30cm shorter. And, an 18cm Donek FC is only good for the early morning first 2-3 hours. After that, it's just too much for my skill set and beats me up, especially when the slush builds up - I also don't like riding angles of 67f 65r.

So, the next board will answer all questions and needs with the exception of powder, which is what the tanker is for.

As for you, I'd say ride Ultra prime first while the groom is still good and fresh and the crowds are minimal (get to the parking lot at 7:30 and be ready for lift opening at 8). Switch up to the custom once the snow gets choppy and the crowds get thicker (around 10:30am, or 1pm if you stay the whole day - crowds thin out at 11:45-1pm due to lunch break. snow is still chopped up though).

You are right about that/riding the carving board in the am. I just flipped my stance form 51/48 to 60/57 with a burton cant disc on the rear. I only rode the Ultra prime about 12 runs last year. Stance is much more comfortable now. When I lived at Crystal Mountain WA from 90-96 I rode my freestyle boards at 21/9. I currently ride freestyle boards at 15/-3. My biggest concern riding the ultra prime is the new angles and the burton freecarve boots I have. I need to upgrade to boots with more ankle support. I plan on riding at Mt High on Weds too...fyi. If summit has board check, ultra prime first, then I can make a quick switch to the custom:biggthump when the time is right. I will never sell a board again BTW.:angryfire I have had so many boards that I wish I still had today:1luvu:

Friday was another good day of carving at Snow Summit! Snow stayed firm all day (at least until 2:00 when I headed for the car), and they were blowing snow the whole time around Chair 7.

It's been quite awhile since the local carving conditions have been so good, so early in the season :biggthump