Note to New Members ×

Calgary tuners

Neil Gendzwill

I use the Ski Cellar on 17th av. Did a good job last year for me.

Fixed a core shot on one of my old boards and straightened the edge.

Sharpened and base ground with no horrors.

Specifically don't take it to the Skaters on 61st S. Had bad experience(s) there for techs.

Be interested to hear of any other good places though.

I pick mine up from Ski Cellar on Macleod on Saturday. I'll let you know.

I usually take them to U of C, but didn't this time because their grinder broke, and they're backed up to hell. They're not the fastest at the best of times, but they seem to do a good job.

Hi Neil, I sent you an email. But here is my opinion:

1. Mike Lindsay, who operates in the basement of Unlimited snowboard shop in Banff, does an excellent job. He creates a good structure always makes a flat base (unless it means taking the base down to nothing) and does a nice job on edges. We have never had to bring a board back to him, its always excellent. In addition to being a good guy, he is a top notch pro. Let him know I sent you too.

2. In the past, 17th ave Ski cellar did a good job with tuning the boards. And I always like them there. We have never had any issues with them either, except they didnt have a good stone grinder wide enough for our boards in the past. not sure if so now. Jean, one of the part owners was a tireless volunteer in provincial snowboarding for many years.

3. I think there are a couple other good shops around, but I dont have any experience with them. We did have issues with Coulouir shop in Canmore a couple years ago, the owner did a great job, but his employees did some damage to the base/edges to a number of our boards. not sure if they have fixed this yet. Its too bad that skaters doesnt do a consistently good job, cause those guys have been such an important part of provincial snowboarding too.

email me if you would like to discuss this more.