Note to New Members ×

Hello?????

kinpa

Nothing open yet here. Snow King is making snow like crazy and usually tries to have at least one lift open by Thanksgiving. Not much natural snow here, but did see some photos of people hiking for their turns at Grand Targhee - looked like OK conditions, but it can't really be very deep.

Congrats on getting out already. Guess you'll have to take a run or two for me! :)

Caspercarver, Lizzie looks kind of perplexed, watching you uni through the snow! She's got to be wondering what happened to your carving board! ;)

Dredman, no Ghee for me this weekend - I have one last crazy canyoneering trip over Turkey Day weekend. Doing some super skinny slots down near Hanksville :eek: then I promise to stay home for awhile and be good to my new Coiler! :ices_ange:biggthump So post a few pics of Targhee opening weekend please, to help me make the transition! :lurk:

Hmmm, I am thankful to get to ride. Even if it was only the beginner lift, there were tons of people, lift line was long, and the run was short, thin snow coverage, and marginally rocky at the bottom. It appears that another 18 inches of snow is needed to fully open the main mountain. There is a 50% chance of snow tonight and tomorrow, so I will wait till Sunday to return. Pray for snow!!

post-3878-141842292029_thumb.jpg

Hi, once the Thanksgiving weekend is over, I'll be back in Missoula and ready for some snow pack to build up a bit. I'm waiting, but ready to go!

Lookout's got the full mountain open now. BUT (always a but) I'll be home for at least this weekend, and maybe next, until I get my dang car fixed. UGH!!!

You know, to get to Missoula from exit 16 on I-90 in a tow truck cost about $270! (just in case anyone was wondering) Don't ask......

i wish i could have come over and made some turns with you! teton village only has av open. Snow king has these incredible new snow makers. they will have cougar and lane seven open for their opening day. which i believe is the fifth. they have man made snow at least four feet deep. just hope they have money in thier budget to groom.:biggthump

Ed, I should have been there today, but NO! I'm glad I wasn't.... not ready to deal with the cold. Anyway, car is still in the shop and my schedule changed at work. I'll be at Lookout on Saturdays as soon as my car is running again and I'll also be off work on Wednesdays and Thursdays so I may try to do some midweek trips to Snowbowl or elsewhere.

Kathy

By the way, that picture of me on the instructor's board is awlful! I'm not a girly-girl anyway, but I don't worry to much about how I look when I'm headed out for a day on the hill! It's from a few years ago, but I haven't changed much.