Note to New Members ×

Working in Portland/Beaverton for a few days - What to do/see?

Corey

I'm going to be in Beaverton/Portland for a few days this coming week. Hopefully I'll have one evening to my self to be a tourist. What are your 'must see' items?

I'm a tech junkie that loves cars and snowboarding. Museums are cool as long as they're tech or science-biased. Any good karting tracks? I'll be near NW Cornell and NW 158th Ave in Beaverton.

I hear that I should bring a rain jacket too. ;)

Corey, will you have a day off? Time to go snowboarding??

If you bring your boots I can offer you a board and bindings??

Bryan

http://www.travelportland.com/visitors/visguide/attractions_portland.html

http://chris.pirillo.com/top-10-things-to-do-in-portland-oregon/

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/oregon/things-to-do

Corey, if you post on this thread, more of the local BOL members will see the post.

Depending on the night you have free, perhaps we can put together a small group

to visit with. http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26425

You're killing me Bryan! :o :D Thanks so much for the offer but I won't have much free time during this trip, only an evening at best. I'm so excited to get out on a board too but will not be able to for a month or so locally... :(

Unfortunately I really don't know when I'll have any spare time until minutes before it happens. I assume I'll be working any time I'm not sleeping, anything else is a nice surprise.

Thanks for the links all.

No worries Corey, I understand you are here for business. I have sent you my info via email. If it works out great, if not, another time maybe.

Enjoy the PNW while you are here.

40" base!!! 1-1/2 hour away. Sorry , just had to rub it in a little more ;)

Your board is tuned, waxed and ready to roll. :(

F2 183 RS with TD2 SI

I'm extremely envious. I just raked leaves in a fleece sweater. I'm sick of everyone saying, "Oh, it's so nice and warm this year!" Give me -10 and 3' of snow please!

Thanks spcarves2! Hopefully I can make it over there one evening.

I posted in the MHM thread Bryan linked above: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=266303#post266303

How about supper on Monday (Nov 16th) at 7 PM-ish? I'm going to be over near the Portland/Troutdale airport a little before that, so I could meet people anywhere between there and my hotel in Beaverton. I don't know the area at all so I'm open to suggestions.

Just spoke with Jim.

He has the girls but might work something out. Couple good pubs in the area.

Troutdale is sort of on the East fringe of the Portland Metro area (on the way to Mt Hood sort of)

I will be available Monday night. Hopefully others can join. Scott ? Pull away from that crazy schedule to chat it up about that sport you USED to do :eplus2: Ouch, sorry buddy. Let's do this.

Hi all, just catching up with this thread - have been cutting back on BOL (trying, anyway). Not much point when I don't know when my first turns are going to be...

Corey, welcome to Portland!

I'm free tomorrow night and will plan on attending, wherever we wind up. HUB again would be good, or maybe Hedge House (SE Division), or Deschutes Brewing in the Pearl? (Not a fan of that part of town, but the beer and food is good.)

Will look forward to seeing everyone!

Jim has plans to be at the "Lucky Lab" around 6PM for a prior engagement. So as to enclude Jim can we plan on meeting there? Sounds like it will be between Troutdale and where Corey is staying so that would be on his way.

Tim, maybe you and I can ride together from Vancouver?

1945 NW Quimby St

Portland, OR 97209-1712

(503) 517-4352

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Lucky+Labrador+Beer+Hall+loc:+1945+NW+Quimby+St,++Portland,+OR+97209-&sll=41.087632,-113.774414&sspn=3.643252,6.921387&ie=UTF8&hq=Lucky+Labrador+Beer+Hall&hnear=1945+NW+Quimby+St,+Portland,+OR+97209&ll=45.60347,-122.773933&spn=0.105686,0.216293&z=12&iwloc=A

Lucky Labrador Beer Hall (1945 NW Quimby) is located in an old Freightliner Trucking warehouse in the final frontier of inner Northwest Portland. With it's wide open feel and the pub resident five ton crane hovering above the tables, the Lab makes for a very casual place to hang out for a pint. Serving pizza, sandwiches, and salads, our pub is a great place to chill out by yourself or congregate with a group of friends, family, or associates.

Lucky Labrador Beer Hall works for me! I'll try to be there for 6 as I have to leave by 8:30 or 9 anyway.

I won't have internet access again before this event, but I'll speak with Bryan once I'm on the ground in Portland. Looking forward to it!

Excellent!! Looking forward to seeing some friends, new and old.

Bailed on MHM, report said "Misting" and 35 degrees. High winds were expected. Looks like the rain wasn't an issue, but foggy and windy. Hope for better conditions in the next couple days.

On the phone rousting!! :confused::1luvu:

Bryan

PS. Lurker, yes you!!:eek: If you are in Portland, love to carve, yet haven't shown your face yet. Come on down and introduce yourself to the local carvers and our special guest from the Great White North. :lurk:

Bryan