Note to New Members ×

TD3 Disks & Rings

John E

I want to order a pair of TD3s. I'm now on some Raichle X-Bone bindings.

How do I decide what angle of disk (0, 3 or 6 degree) and stiffness (soft, medium & hard) rings to get?

I emailed Fin & Michelle but they are out until next week. I thought I'd get some other opinions until then.

Thanks.

OA - it's a matter of preference.

I personally ride the medium e-rings, then again I weigh a fair amount more than you do. Based on your riding style and weight, the soft (yellow) e-rings would likely be the best bet.

Regarding cants, I am guessing that your X-bones are both 0°. For an all-mountain carver, I prefer a 3° gas pedal on the front foot and a 3° heel lift on the back foot. On something more race oriented, I ride 6° & 3°.

Derek rides 0° & 3°. Point being... it's a matter of preference.

If you like the feel you currently have, stay with something similar. If you feel like making a change, go with something like 3°/3°

Pretty much depends on personal preference, you should try different setups.

For the rings most probably the softer ones will feel better.

The canting depends on your style, biomechanics and and also on board width. On wider boards you'll get away with flat disks, while on narrower ones you might feel the need for heel / toe lift. If you never tried, you won't know what suits you the best.

Kindest

I want to order a pair of TD3s. I'm now on some Raichle X-Bone bindings.

How do I decide what angle of disk (0, 3 or 6 degree) and stiffness (soft, medium & hard) rings to get?

I emailed Fin & Michelle but they are out until next week. I thought I'd get some other opinions until then.

Thanks.

Yellow with two 3s are a good starting point. Decide you want something else? Trade a 3 for a 0 or 6 here on BOL. Costs you <6$ to swap with someone. Look at your current bindings and estimate your cants.

Original cants are typically 0/3 or 3/6 . Or order a 0/3/6 , one extra cant to insure you have a good combo. Next step up? By a second board kit with a Blue elastomer and 0/6 cants. Now with the original set with 3/3 you are covered. Keep in mind the cants are the same TD2 and TD3 , once you have a second board kit, you can have two boards set up and add cants pretty inexpensively.

PS, we are about the same age. You are a year older! Next. You live in carving Meca. Plenty of oportunity to trade with folks in your area. Jealous!!

Demo? Stop by the shop and borrow some demo gear. Once you have your plates set up it is really easy. 6 bolts and BAM, you are on another board.

This is why I tell my local bros, "Get TD2 or TD3s so we can swap out gear quickly. I am not going to be dinking around changing entire bindings, however, I will pull 6 bolts and hand you a board. Worthwhile?

I emailed Bomber & got a response that agrees with what most of you have said - personal preference. I will estimate the angles on the Raichles and maybe match that. I weigh about 155# so I think the yellow rings will suit me.

Thanks

Yes, definitely yellow.

What cants did you order?