Note to New Members ×

New Swoard model: the Dual

nils

generally it IS the case though.

MOST dudes I've seen on boards over 170 for anything but powder fit in the clydesdale catagory

Amen. Looks like that Donek Saber's got some competition in my daydreams...

(and rain this weekend of all things):(
i said boooo-urns. still gotta rip. need to get my legs in order for SOS next week:biggthump

I don't think my knees could handle 25/-15. Maybe 22/-8 or something... just my personal opinion though.

I had no idea since I'm new to softboots. Went by what the local softboot instructors are using (and they carve gooood). Surprisingly comfortable and natural stance. Front side is infinitely easier. Somewhat awkward backside.

Still don't know whether to do it like them without any upper body/pelvis rotation or rotation on the back side. Currently rotating because that's what I'm used to and edge hold does not suffer. Advice, criticism and opinion welcome!

I've heard that the total angle shouldn't exceed 30 degrees. I think this is somewhat closeminded but I also think that 40 degrees is a bit excessive. Since you're new, play around with it. If 25/-15 works best for you in the end, stick with that. I'm running 17/-10 on my freeride board and 15/-15 on my park board

Actually pic 1 and 3 is on a groomed piste ( not really corduroy)

More images from the day ( was a small EC meeting organized localy by a uni sport's team in Toulouse:

Clip 1

Longer final Clip 2

Not too much Dual footage in the clip ( they had only two demo boards) but they seemed to have fun :)

Nils

40* of splay??:eek:

my knees hurt just thinking about it.

I know, that's what I thought too:eek:. But now I've been riding this for the last 2 weeks and my knees are fine:).

Will try the regular 55/50 in near future to see what's it's like with the Dual and soft boots at hardboots angles on cord