Note to New Members ×

Carveboard

gdboytyler

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent out the email with the map to the location of the slam video.

Someone bring a video camera for educational and possible entertainment purposes :eplus2:

What about the location of your video?

Didn't you say something about your hill being steeper?

I'm game for anytime after 1:00 pm. That will give me a chance to rest up if I surf in the morning.

The entire area around Mission Viejo is hilly. I've only ridden a few of the hills in Mission Viejo. There are plenty of spots to be discovered.

How about at 1:00 ?

Wish I could come hang with you all on Sunday. Unfortunately I have ski patrol training on that day up at Mt. High :cool:. Any chance of a mid week get together as we are approaching Thanksgiving? I will have patrol training every other weekend starting next weekend. This Sunday is just the end of my summer OEC class.

Wish I could come hang with you all on Sunday. Unfortunately I have ski patrol training on that day up at Mt. High :cool:. Any chance of a mid week get together as we are approaching Thanksgiving? I will have patrol training every other weekend starting next weekend. This Sunday is just the end of my summer OEC class.

I dont get home until 6 on mondays, thursdays, and wednesdays ....

and I know my dad doesn't really care about going if i dont go.

Awesome session today guys.

I finally learned out how to slide to save my ass. I just tore up my pants doing so.

Hey Julian, I have Andrea's pucks... I figure we can call it an even trade for those eliminator bushings ;)

With how I burned through all my slide pucks today, I think i'm gonna need to buy myself a cutting board and some velcro tape of my own.

Awesome session today guys.

I finally learned out how to slide to save my ass. I just tore up my pants doing so.

Hey Julian, I have Andrea's pucks... I figure we can call it an even trade for those eliminator bushings ;)

With how I burned through all my slide pucks today, I think i'm gonna need to buy myself a cutting board and some velcro tape of my own.

I finally learned how to slide and recover to keep bombing the hill to put my ass in more danger. I tore up my pants doing so. Worse than yours. :freak3:

We need to get more velcro tape ourselves.

We've noticed that shoe goo doesn't like the velcro.

We need to find a better adhesive.

Andrea, at the next cement carving session, I think you should try out the carveboard. The carveboard is the lower speed alternative for us old guys.

It's even a great alternative for us younger guys whose balls have gotten smaller over the years.

It turns super tight and grips light crazy. You can control your speed pretty easily carving back up the hill on all of the slopes we were on. Just keep it below 12-15mph and i'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

Yeah I saw Albert, checked when I got home that night.

here you go!

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=7684429&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=7684429&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="

">Mission Viejo Longboarding/Carveboarding 11-15-09</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2265928'>http://vimeo.com/user2265928">J Tallman</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Wow! Sure looks like you all had fun! Why isn't Andrea oh a board? I have got to come hang with you guys. I have not been on my carveboard in many months. Guess I need to get up to speed :biggthump. By the time you guys were starting, I was being strapped to backboards repeatedly with a traction splint on my leg. What fun.

I will be up at Summit this weekend, I will give you a report on "conditions" and the projected opening. Shouldn't be long now. Keeping my fingers crossed for by Thanksgiving.