Note to New Members ×

Carveboard

gdboytyler

I mainly use the carveboard for crosstraining for surfing, but it's still good exercise to get my legs in shape for snowboarding.

I can ride the steepest roads I've found by just turning alot to keep my speed under control. I think I'll have learn how to slide the carveboard like regular longboard, just in case.

Headache at the end of the clip.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veX-CYqUn1E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veX-CYqUn1E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No headache in this clip:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiM19A6Yf9Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiM19A6Yf9Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Bendy Erwin?

Nick name?

Supposedly, the late Steve Irwin has a daughter by the name of Bendy Irwin. So my buddy likes to hassle me by calling me Bendy Erwin.

If you don't know who Steve Irwin is, he's the Aussie that had an animal show, who died when a stingray stabbed him in the chest :eek:

Supposedly, the late Steve Irwin has a daughter by the name of Bendy Irwin. So my buddy likes to hassle me by calling me Bendy Erwin.

If you don't know who Steve Irwin is, he's the Aussie that had an animal show, who died when a stingray stabbed him in the chest :eek:

Ahhh....who names their daughter Bendy?!?!?!?

hehe, Awesome. Maybe we can get a session going in like a week or 2. My board came in. Unfortunately, it's TOOOO low. hahaha

I got rail bite and the bottom of the board hit the ground when I leaned it over. Even my 76mm aren't big enough, they're almost big enough, but when i'm really hauling on it I anticipate the board flexing a little bit along with the bushings.

I had to order some 81mm wheels today... haha. Stupid me, that's what I get for wanting a DOUBLE drop. i should have just done drop-through only... ah well. this should DEFINITELY be the last longboard, haha. I say that with every purchase of everything.

Erwin, is that at your special spots?

Your buddy there got some crazy speed wobs... hehe

hehe, Awesome. Maybe we can get a session going in like a week or 2. ...

Erwin, is that at your special spots?

Your buddy there got some crazy speed wobs... hehe

I'm always available for a late night carve session or a middle of the day session whenever the surf is crap. This weekend, a good NW swell is in the forecast.

The spot where my buddy had the slam is nothing special. It's in Mission Viejo, close to his house. If he didn't hit the curb, I think he would of had a good chance of riding it out. When he slammed, he had reached the flat run-out and would have slowed down pretty quickly.

The best spot I know for carving, I already gave to you guys, but that place is only good for late night or maybe early morning because of the traffic.

I'm always available for a late night carve session or a middle of the day session whenever the surf is crap. This weekend, a good NW swell is in the forecast.

The spot where my buddy had the slam is nothing special. It's in Mission Viejo, close to his house. If he didn't hit the curb, I think he would of had a good chance of riding it out. When he slammed, he had reached the flat run-out and would have slowed down pretty quickly.

The best spot I know for carving, I already gave to you guys, but that place is only good for late night or maybe early morning because of the traffic.

I like the second hill in your video.

I'm getting quite board with parking structures. :freak3:

I like the second hill in your video.

I'm getting quite board with parking structures. :freak3:

Parking structures are nice, but can be kind of limited with what you do, especially the tighter ones, and the one that you and your dad go to is a little bit tighter. It's nice but, yeah, eventually you'll want a hill and/or a little bit of variety.

If you and your dad want to drive down to Mission Viejo next weekend, 11-14/15, then I could do the surf in morning, carve with the BOL'ers in the afternoon combo.

I'm down for Sunday afternoon.

That saturday i have a competition.

Wont be home till 11:30 ish.

After thursday, you will no longer know me as 14.

More detail please.

I might have to run it top mount.

I was still getting a little bit of deck (rail?) bite with my 85mm speedvents when i really flexed my knees into it with a little bit more speed going. I have it setup topmount with my 72mm freerides. It doesn't feel like i'm gonna get deck bite now, but i'm too tired to try it out - probably tomorrow.

Anyway, I have 90mm flywheels on the way. I'd really rather not run such a big wheel. I'm up in the air about it. I'll see how the topmount feels. If I like it, I might just return the flywheels and pay the shipping/restocking fee. They're like $78 or something for a set of wheels w/o bearings. After running 69mm, 72mm, 73mm, 75mm, 76mm, and 85mm, i've decided that I don't like going any larger than 76mm. 69mm is awesome, if the roads are good quality and there isn't debris all over the place.

So, setup is Indy 215 with core baseplate up front wedged 5 degrees, Randal 180 with 35* baseplate in the rear. Using all venom eliminator bushings of different colors for both trucsk.

I'm good to go for Mission Viejo on Sunday afternoon (11-15-09). Just tell me what time you prefer.

I'll send an email with the location of the carve spot and we can meet there.

My friend Mark, from the slam video will probably be traveling, so he won't be able to join us.

Well whats the earliest we can go?

Is that general area covered in different hills that we could try?

Well whats the earliest we can go?

Is that general area covered in different hills that we could try?

I'm game for anytime after 1:00 pm. That will give me a chance to rest up if I surf in the morning.

The entire area around Mission Viejo is hilly. I've only ridden a few of the hills in Mission Viejo. There are plenty of spots to be discovered.