Note to New Members ×

Kessler Stats and Sottish weather

Willow 15

Just been having a surf around the web as I am getting itchy for snow and found this http://www.legna.co.jp/form/09_10Kessler.pdf I thought someone here might be interested. Also you over the ponder's are not the only ones http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2667847/First-snow-of-the-season-lands-in-the-Cairngorms.html

But Jack, didn't you ask for a 16 SCR (more or less)? That, to me, is the most exciting aspect of your Kessler. I can't wait for your reviews of it (and your other new ones).

That is what I put on the order sheet in the field that asked for sidecut radius. Apparently real racers just enter "PGS". Silly me, being a software guy, I entered an integer in an integer field. But the tip/waist/tail dimensions on that sheet are within an acceptable margin of error to my English units tape measure readings off my board, so I'm reasonably sure I got the standard PGS sidecut. I stressed to Bola that I wanted the board built as if I was going to join the WC tour, I assume he passed that along.

Most "real" racers put PGS in the box, because they understand that Kessler knows far more about board building and design then the racers. They don't care if the number is 2 or 152.543685......they just want it to turn a PGS sized turn. The real numbers they care about is width and giving Kessler an accurate weight so the board flexes properly for them. The racers don't get caught up in trying to design the board for Kessler, they want Kessler to design a board for them....

Most "real" racers put PGS in the box, because they understand that Kessler knows far more about board building and design then the racers. They don't care if the number is 2 or 152.543685......they just want it to turn a PGS sized turn. The real numbers they care about is width and giving Kessler an accurate weight so the board flexes properly for them. The racers don't get caught up in trying to design the board for Kessler, they want Kessler to design a board for them....

Yeah, that's what I wanted. But they asked for a SCR, so I gave them one. I dunno, must be the IT in me, but when a form asks for a number, I enter a number. When someone asks me how tall I am, I don't answer "Jack". It looks like they ignored my entry, thankfully.

$1535 shipped for a custom brokered by All Boards Sports. Although the only thing custom about mine is that it was built for my weight, and I asked for the metal topsheet. If that's too steep you can save a couple bucks and buy a stocker from Catek, if they're accepting orders. If you go the custom route, if the standard shapes won't work for you, decide on your length and waist width and let them design the sidecut. In any case just say you want the PGS or PSL sidecut, don't specify a radius.

If that's still too steep, get a Coiler NSR, Hardbooter PGS, or new Donek metal race. Frankly I anticipate selling my Kessler after my review of it next to the Coiler, HB, and Donek. I would basically have to be having on-hill orgasms to keep a $1500 board for freecarving.