Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2009-2010

www.oldsnowboards.com

I'm thinking of picking up a ticket on Craigslist (Meadows passes are about $40) to take advantage of empty slopes on Super Bowl Sunday.

What's the collective thinking on conditions on Sunday? I'm thinking it's going to be a soft groomer day -- no big snowfalls, but enough days with an inch or two that the groom will be soft, and hard carving could result in going over the handlebars. Does that sound on target?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan!!!

Jim, buy that Kessler with the Tinkler plate DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a total bargain!!!

Yes very tempted ? The stance width is perfect with a tinkler plate. Any guess on what he would take for the trainer you think...full price ? email me.....

Jim

Semi mobile update . Beautiful day at meadows ! 2" new over prefect grooming on a semi sunny day ! Rode skiis all day with daughter and had tons of fun ! It's going to be even better tomorrow !

Back in pdx drinking hopworks ipa eating chic wings watching the saints chock at the goal on 4th down !

Would upload some pics but need a app for that ! Fin ?

Jim

Ps I can go early tomorrow so let me knows who's riding !

I plan to be there Jim.

I will have couple extra boards in tow. Plate demos?

Terms:

You know I am not standing around or being late to the lift.

Handle the boards with extreme care.

You must run Bomber TD2 or TD3. Bring your upper plates.

I will NOT remove the cants, so, you will need to like 3/3 at about

20" stance.

Bryan

PS. I do have an extra pair of TD2 Intec plates that you can borrow and set up on your own time.

As in; catch me early, I hand you the plates, you adjust them to your boots, next time back to the truck you can try a board? Make sense?

Radios with fresh batteries everyone? Sam? Dan? ?? Who's available for a mini monday session??

He'll yea I would love to try some vist plates . 3/3 20" is perfect for me and yes I will get my ass out of bed early to park next to you ! ( I know I'm dreaming )

J

Jim, being we can swap boards on the mountain. I could go out on it myself first thing and then trade you on the hill.

Only problem is I will probably want to take out the "Aris" Tinkler first thing. Man I love that board!!

It might be a good day to get out the 203cm boards??

I can bring an extra Tinkler for you too. The "Identity" Tinkler is ready to rock.

I will call on the drive up. Bring food :eplus2::eek::1luvu::biggthump

Fourth Quarter / How is the beer and pizza?

Couldn't make it up today:(, but tomorrow (tuesday) looks good. Cloudy and 31F. Never really know how much light you are going to have until you get up there.

Brain, Will Deeluxe boots fit ski bindings???

Later,

Dan

Hi Dan, I am sure you heard from Thao, It was a good one!! :biggthump

Light was good, some clouds rolled through on occasion, however, overall it was sunny and excellent conditions.

No, the toe and heel are not designed for a DIN ski binding.

Some AT bindings MIGHT work, however, I would not use them unless they are expressly designed for alpine boots.

Tuesday?? Should be really good again.

post-198-141842302008_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842302011_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842302014_thumb.jpg

Jim and I had a mini demo session with great groomer conditions.

Jim road three different boards and I rode two. All about the same length , very different feel.

Side Note: MHM cut the upper cat track in (above Cascade chair) Here is a photo of it.

I saw tracks, however, I did not see a Cat serving the area? Must have hiked it.

post-198-141842302016_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842302019_thumb.jpg

Yes we all want to see the banked slalom video ! Post up ! Awesome day Bryan and thanks for motivating me to come up again !

Will do Jim. :biggthump I needed to ship a plate, unload truck, get something to eat, hot bath, watch the Blazers, I will try to post it tonight. PS. I didn't ever get a nap!!:eek:

Nice to see you guys today (Bryan and Jim). Called it good about noon today. Hope to be up later in the week. Possibly Thursday and Friday.

Bryan, (spelled your name right this time:)) Can I see your board collection some time?? I need some ideas and such. Contact me djlewy@q.com and I will give you my #.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks Bryan for letting me demo today:)

Jim

Wow, we sure had a couple great days this week!! I am tired and sore, in a happy sort of way!!

Funny, you can hardly even see the Vist plates in those photos.

I broke down and bought a new software program that has the deshaker in it. Once I learn it I will hopefully be able to produce better and faster.

Bryan

Nice to see you guys today (Bryan and Jim). Called it good about noon today. Hope to be up later in the week. Possibly Thursday and Friday.

Bryan, (spelled your name right this time:)) Can I see your board collection some time?? I need some ideas and such. Contact me djlewy@q.com and I will give you my #.

Thanks,

Dan

Sure Dan, but only if you bring Thao. ;)

I will give you a call.

Probably time we all get together and have a few beers one of this nights?

It would be fun to see everyone "Mix" again. :biggthump

Sure Dan, but only if you bring Thao. ;)

I will give you a call.

Probably time we all get together and have a few beers one of this nights?

It would be fun to see everyone "Mix" again. :biggthump

Yes Bryan we all want to come over see the collection again! Also since there is no formal OES we should really organize a "casual" MHES in late april or may at timberline this year!

Jim

I usually avoid holidays or school days off, but since my last planned days up have been rainouts, a early session was desperately needed. Turned out to be a bluebird day with some good stuff out there here and there. I rode the burton split tale for a couple hours and then switched over to the all around board. Best runs were off of Cascade and Vista. Shooting star started out hard and became better around 11am. If anyone goes up Tuesday, hit Cascade first thing and you will be happy.

Will be up later in the week/weekend.

Later,

Dan:eplus2: