Note to New Members ×

Getting the longboard on the "edge"

BlueB

I noticed an interesting thing today:

With over-all wheelbase just a tad narrower then the width of the board and the "freeride" type wheels (rounded outer lip), I was able to tip the board "on the edge" and ride the turn like that, at low speed. In other words, the outer wheels would leave the ground and only the rounded lip of the inner wheels would carve the turn. There was also a 3-wheeling phase: the rear, de-wedged truck with stiffer bushings would tip over before the turnier front truck.

It felt weird and shakey, but not totally unstable...

Could this open the door to "real" carving longboards? Something that would have very narrow and turny trucks, and totally rounded wheels, so it would tip up as soon as the turn is initiated?

Yup, I'm aware of the T-board... I was thinking something that still has 4 wheels, on narrow base, so you can still straigtline it without worries. And without the free spin on Y axis.

"They say" that T-boards work great for straightlining - even better than skateboards.

Not sure what you mean about "without the free spin on Y axis"?