Note to New Members ×

What to do on 9/5, 6, and 7 in St. Louis, MO?

fishrising

So, it looks like I will be traveling to St. Louis and will have free time on 9/5, 6 and 7 to do some things on my own. What should I see / do within the city or a within a few hours drive?

Where are the great restaurants? Night life? Museums? Parks? Hunting? Fishing?

The 'Cards are out of town this particular weekend.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

for food: I like that show man vs food. It look really good; maybe u can find that eposide online

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_v_Food/ci.St._Louis.show?vgnextfmt=show

stuff to do:

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/Missouri/Saint_Louis-818283/Things_To_Do-Saint_Louis-TG-C-1.html

hopefully some local might chime in. Last time I was there; just saw the arch and a baseball game.

The loop in University City has a bunch of restaurants/nightlife. I remember Fitz's, which is a restaurant that brews their own rootbeers and sodas, and Blueberry Hill, another restaurant that I remember for some reason, so its probably good. I also think the loop is near Forest Park, which is a city park that is bigger than Central park in NYC. There is also a mall at Union Station near downtown. The arch is always fun, too. I moved away from St. Louis when I was seven, so these places might seem cooler from a kids eyes than yours. Anyway, hope you enjoy your trip.

DATE CHANGE: 9/17-9/22 now...

Thank you all for your responses! I will investigate them further. And my travel dates have changed now to:

Arriving Thursday night 9/17, and departing either Monday night 9/21 or Tuesday morning 9/22.

I will (hopefully) have the Saturday late afternoon into night and all day Sunday to do my solo sight-seeing. Working all other times, as we are performing an integration of voice ancillary call center systems from a company that we acquired into our company's voice and data network. It is a small site so, knock on wood, things should go smoothly and not take too long, as we have already integrated the larger call centers from this acquired company.

EDIT: Cards are in town this particular Saturday and Sunday, that may be part of my answer...