Note to New Members ×

Does anyone make a "carving" wakeboard?

Keenan

what is the point of a wakeboard if you're not jumping?

What is the point of a snowboard if you're not jumping?

What is the point of a skateboard if you're not jumping?

If you have a deep V boat that produces a large wake you can rail turns up and down the wakes. Slalom water skis perform the best with a boat that produces very little wake. My point is, they used to make wakeboards that would carve. There are carving snowboards and skateboards (Loaded Vanguard for one). Maybe when I place my next order with Bruce I'll see if he'll build me one for snow and one for water.

I'm using a 17 year old board because I can't find a newer board with any edge hold. Does anyone make a board that is not designed primarily for jumping?

Fair question.

May have to find the right sub group that understands your needs.

Some what off topic, but check out this sweet old "Lonnie Toft" wakeboard.

post-198-1418422827_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842282701_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842282705_thumb.jpg

Fair question.

May have to find the right sub group that understands your needs.

Some what off topic, but check out this sweet old "Lonnie Toft" wakeboard.

That's a sweet ride. Like a wooden Skurfer. I'm actually thinking of buying a short surfboard blank and shaping my own. I just have to figure out how to lay the binding inserts into the foam.

That's a sweet ride. Like a wooden Skurfer. I'm actually thinking of buying a short surfboard blank and shaping my own. I just have to figure out how to lay the binding inserts into the foam.

Absolutely!!!! Follow your own path on the design, use what you know works and then push it. Just because it is NOT what others are doing or accepting as "The Way" doesn't mean it isn't "Right". A friend of mine builds some very cool stuff that is brilliant, and seldom the "norm". Go for it!!

USED to be my favorite sport! You look pretty good :eplus2::biggthump:freak3:

What is your best run in the balls?

LOL. That's not me.

I've never skied behind a real ski boat. Just my parents' Glasstron and Wellcraft boats with pretty big wakes. I've made it through 4 balls, but I couldn't tell you how long the rope was, nor the offset of the balls. It was hard though.

Here's me. Circa 1978. I had more hair then.

biglines_85745.jpg

USED to be my favorite sport! You look pretty good :eplus2::biggthump:freak3:

What is your best run in the balls?

That is a pretty sweet slalom shot, looks like he is a bit late for the turnball though. I would like to see what happened at the next turnball. There is nothing more pretty than watching a capable slalom skier run a course. I wish I could ski the course more often than I do.

Oldsnowboards, my PB in the slalom course was 5@32 off, 36mph. That was when I was a bit more youthful. Now it is 32 mph and I don't even get close to the 32 off loop.

• 4 weeks later...

been thinking about R&D on this very thing myself sort of a cross between a slalom ski/skwal and the regular wakeboard/jibber:lurk:

thinking surfboard blank appropriately shaped and overlaid with triaxial snowboard glass and carbon stringers plywood inlay to hold the inserts

Can you use a twintip kiteboard for wakeboarding? My Ocean Rodeo Mako has I believe something huge like 1.4cm of concavity. I don't know what that works out to, but just looking at it it looks like it has the equivalent of a negative 10 degree base bevel which means it holds an edge really well.