Note to New Members ×

Memorial Mammoth?

Sinecure

Its looking increasingly likely that I'll head down to Mammoth for Memorial Day weekend. Most likely I'll be on skis and with little people in tow, but if anyone wants to hook up, let me know. I'll be camping and have my 11 and 14 year-olds with me. A bunch of others will be camping as well. Probably hike Saturday, ski Sunday and return via Yosemite on Monday. Camping along the

Scenic Loop Rd. on BLM land.

leaving for the mountains right after school today.

Stump Alley is probably where you'll find us, or Face Lift continuing to Stump. :biggthump

OH! And if you're there early enough and you see 2 guys hiking up the hill, getting to a point and stopping, strapping on the boards and carving down, thats us :D

Andrea and Julian, you guys got a whole lot more days of boarding in after i hung up my gear. I sort of gave up on another trip happening.

I finally put the storage wax on all my gear and packed away all my tuning stuff/bindings etc. etc. into boxes and put it in the closet.

Good stuff. I only got 17-18 days this year. Let's see if i can do better next year... ah well. You guy definitely broke 30+ days i'm assuming?

Good stuff. I only got 17-18 days this year. Let's see if i can do better next year... ah well. You guy definitely broke 30+ days i'm assuming?

almost, i got 27 days on the snow this season and Julian got a few less, my goal was 30 but considering i dislocated my shoulder on day 14 i am happy with 27 total

mammoth on memorial day weekend was a good way to end the season, snow condition might not be the best but it's the end of May so any snow is good enough for me, we met sinecure and took a few runs with Theo and his dad, Chad from CODA boards was there and 2 more unidentified hardbooters, it was a good weekend

i'm looking forward to next season and riding with all of you

post-6353-141842282143_thumb.jpg

Great way to end the season.

Every so often I would get low enough for full glove drag without reaching for the snow. :biggthump

I'd of loved to have a longer window for carving and without the crowds.

Wished I got pics and videos of this trip. Oh well.

MVP10 means more Mammoth/June trips next season :biggthump

Good to meet you guys this weekend. It looks like I'll be back up this coming weekend too. Camping again since I'm poor and don't have friends to offer me free digs at Mammoth. There should be a bunch of hardbooters there. And I've heard the happy fun plate may make an appearance.

Any of you socal folks coming?

Glad everyone had a great season. I hit my goal of 20 days and was happy about finishing with bang at SnowPerformance. I've got a lot to work on for next season and might even have a new board or two to carve on :AR15firin

Yeah, can't wait to be boarding with everyone again next season. Theo, everyone else i didn't meet, hopefully see you next season.

I should have one new board for next season, and i'm hoping it's my last board for a long time... I say this all the time, but i really need some self control now. Full custom metal to destroy the quiver, with the exception of a powder board, which i already have.

Anyway, one thing at a time, baby steps. Hope to be walking again by the end of august/september. Maybe 20+ days next season.

Yeah, can't wait to be boarding with everyone again next season. Theo, everyone else i didn't meet, hopefully see you next season.

I should have one new board for next season, and i'm hoping it's my last board for a long time... I say this all the time, but i really need some self control now. Full custom metal to destroy the quiver, with the exception of a powder board, which i already have.

Anyway, one thing at a time, baby steps. Hope to be walking again by the end of august/september. Maybe 20+ days next season.

Still need a rock board, and then an intermediary rock board for when the snow is too thin for the nice board, but not so thin that you have to subject yourself to the really bad rock board. :biggthump

What happened? :eek:

Surgery scheduled for June 25 to get the hardware removed from my leg. hehe

As for the rock board, i have at least two of them. My ATV 161 and, either the Donek 171 or the Tanker 192 (neither of those really, just the ATV) - I think I'd still feel bad with those two... So, just one then

Good to meet you guys this weekend. It looks like I'll be back up this coming weekend too. Camping again since I'm poor and don't have friends to offer me free digs at Mammoth. There should be a bunch of hardbooters there. And I've heard the happy fun plate may make an appearance.

Any of you socal folks coming?

Sinecure, are you participating in the equipment testing that is going on this weekend?

I was trying to make it up, but looking at work and other crap that is piling up this week, it is looking less likely. I am going to try to make it up next weekend instead.

Sinecure, are you participating in the equipment testing that is going on this weekend?

I was trying to make it up, but looking at work and other crap that is piling up this week, it is looking less likely. I am going to try to make it up next weekend instead.

Wish I could be up there this weekend. :1luvu: