Note to New Members ×

Blackcomb (Whistler) Sunday April 10'09

Ola Fellow Carvers,

Blackcomb for this Sunday comin up for carving day before snow dissapear. Also let's show the winter sport community that CARVING/HardBoot community is not disappearing and/or become ancient.

Weather and snow condition was, is and will be good for carving:biggthump

4 Vancouver crews confirmed:

Boris(BlueB), Doug(Tenorman), Ruwi(ruwi), Roy(CarvingScooby) + Ondrej(Ondrej) in Whistler. Who's next? Comon gentleman let have some fun ;)

PAGING: Dave(Dave*), George(Crucible), Pierre, xy9ine(Perry), Speedtrials(Nick). Others?

Meet point at Marlins Grill & Bar / Blackcomb Day Lodge (ticket booth inside) (#12 on map) . Gate at WIZARD Express Chairlift is open at 10AM.

Anybody knows if we can get a disc ticket from 7 Eleven?

Parking will be at main Parking Lot # 2 at Blackcomb Way. http://www.whistler.com/pdf/maps/whistler_village_map.pdf (zoom map for clear pix)

How to get Park Lot#2:

From (Vancouver) Highway 99 turn right (East) at Village Gate Blvd traffic light (2nd traffic light after Creekside Village ).

Go straight pass the Village till you hit Blackcomb Way turn left (North) and turn right (East) the first dirt road on the right.

Entering dirt road, parking on your right is Lot # 3, turn right on the concrete barrier & keep straight until you hit the end of parking lot #2 and look for parking space on your left which is the closest walk distance cross the Fitzsimmons(Creek) Covered Bridge to Merlins.

C ya at Blackcomb:biggthump

Roy

NOTE:

Parking # 1 is closed due the paving construction

You guys are gonna get me into all sorts o' trouble- not only do you plan to go to to Whistler on MOTHERS DAY, but also on my WIFE'S BIRTHDAY.

Sorry, but if it's on this Sunday, then I'll have to pass. I wanna stay married AND breathing.

If you guys were willing to do it nEXT weekend, then I'm in with both feet.

George

You guys are gonna get me into all sorts o' trouble- not only do you plan to go to to Whistler on MOTHERS DAY, but also on my WIFE'S BIRTHDAY.

Sorry, but if it's on this Sunday, then I'll have to pass. I wanna stay married AND breathing.

George

Yeah, I know...good thing my other half on duty...

Hey... what about ask her to take atrip to Whistler for b'day present;).

Cheers

Roy

My Wife would kill me too, but I reasoned out that our last all inclusive trip to Cuba was also all inclusive of her. First our 25th Wedding Anniversary, her Birthday last 29th April and Mother's Day this Sunday. She replied, one of these days you will have to pay big time:nono: I'd better start saving for another trip, meaning no new snowboards for a while:mad: I'll take her to a movie this Saturday.

PAGING: Dave(Dave*), George(Crucible), Pierre, xy9ine(Perry), Speedtrials(Nick). Others?

i have to head back out to the valley now and won’t be back in the city until saturday night. can someone phone mr_roboteye in the meantime to tell him about this thread and that i’ve got his ticket covered if he can make it on sunday? otherwise i'll have to try calling him long distance from the valley.

thanks

doug

My Wife would kill me too, but I reasoned out that our last all inclusive trip to Cuba was also all inclusive of her. First our 25th Wedding Anniversary, her Birthday last 29th April and Mother's Day this Sunday. She replied, one of these days you will have to pay big time:nono: I'd better start saving for another trip, meaning no new snowboards for a while:mad: I'll take her to a movie this Saturday.

Good strategy...

George

Paging crucible: George, made a strategy yet? Bud, will be fun and she'll be happy if you r Happy ;)

Last Saturday May 2 on Blackcomb was my last day of the season. It was day #71.

When you're driving by Squamish, you might see me in the water!

Paging Cousin...Tony, water still too cold, warmer on the peak...make it #72

I cracked one of the tongues on my burton fires the last time out. Dave R.

Anyone can help? Dave R, what's is yr mondo?

Cheers

Roy

Anyone can help? Dave R, what's is yr mondo?

Cheers

Roy

Thanks for your efforts to get me out, but my heart just isn't in it.(It will be in about 7 months though.:))

Hey tenorman, I got a job. Been there about two weeks now.

later,

Dave R.

7th Heaven "Horstman Hut" almost the very top. Dispite non relaxing long way up Horstman T-Bar, fellow "Vancouver"+ Czech carvers show happy face:D having fun on snow, clean air, nice weather, nice snow, awesome view. Till next season.

Deck on test for next season: 2010 Metal WCR-173 WIDE, 2009 F2 Silberpfeil

L to R: CarvingScooby, Ondrej, BlueB, Tenorman, Ruwi

post-6136-141842281936_thumb.jpg

post-6136-141842281938_thumb.jpg

post-6136-14184228194_thumb.jpg

hi ONDREJ

the entire vancouver crew enjoyed riding with you at blackcomb this sunday. we were all impressed with your riding skill.

thanks for your thorough explanation of your upz rc10 boots to me during our long chairlift rides. i was undecided between rc10 and deeluxe 700 so after talking to you i decided to go with upz. i just emailed DAN YOJA last night and asked to buy the same boot and tongues that you have. i am going to stop over in OSOYOOS on my way to the vernon dh skateboard race on june 13th to try on the boots as i am thinking i maybe able to downsize to a pair of mondo 26.5 from mondo 27 with the new school low volume self adjusting upz liners. this way i can avoid the return shipping charges if i buy the wrong size.

here’s the link to the vernon dh race for more information if your are interested:

http://www.vernondh.com/Home.html

if you aren’t doing anything on the june 13th weekend you may wish to catch a ride in my car to watch the race in vernon. it’s a long 5 hour drive but it is a hassle to fly with my dog and driving in the okanagan is quite scenic. i intend to stay at the BAVARIAN GUESTHOUSE again as they allow dogs in certain rooms. you can stay with me (i’ll cover your bill) or you may choose to stay in the racers’ camp as i am sure i can find you tent space with one of my much younger racer friends. just be forewarned that you may have to share tent space with GIRLS IN THEIR LATE TEENS TO EARLY TWENTIES with their annoying habits of partying far into the night and making sleep all but impossible.

the vernon dh race is organized by my friend MISCHO ERBAN who is also fellow countryman of yours. not only will you enjoy seeing the similarities between dh skateboarding and alpine snowboarding but you will probably have a lot in common with MISCHO (he is about your age) as i think he still travels back frequently to CZECHOSLOVAKIA to visit relatives while skateboard racing in europe during the summer.

if you can’t go, then let me know if you need any spare parts for your boots so i can pick them up while i am in OSOYOOS and save you the shipping costs. probably a good idea to buy some extra toe pieces and buckles before you return to CZECHOSLOVAKIA at the end of the summer.

later

doug

p.s. i hope i don’t break my foot during the race then i won’t be able to try on the upz boots lol.

Ruwi and Crucible-George will be riding at Blackcomb this Monday the 18th. Blackcomb Mountain remains open through May 18. Access via the Wizard Express 10am-4pm. Saturday, Sunday and Monday (May 16-18)access will be from the Excalibur Gondola only (village). Whistler reopens Tuesday, May 19 10am - 4pm.

It's not over yet. Feel free to join us:biggthump