Note to New Members ×

Carving Masters in Solden

Ladia

I'm sure there will be something like an official report, and there is a lot of work in progress concerning pics and vids.

In the meantime I can tell you it was the most incredible event I ever experienced in my snowboarding life.

There were some 300 hardbooters from all over Europe there which came together for a great hardbooting feast. Mainly perfect weather (except for the second day when the competition took place :( ), perfect carving conditions esp. in the mornings (ok from midday on it would be slightly too warm so the snow would be more and more slushy), smiling faces everywhere and some great apres-boarding parties which lasted - as I was told - until morning light.

Couple of friends told me they were still drinking special Austrian wine out of the car trunk when Sigi Grabner came by on his morning jog... but 3 hours later they were all on the slopes.

Imagine the Rettenbach glacier at 9 a.m. completely occupied by hardbooters on low level flight.. :biggthump

There are still pictures in my head which make it very hard to get back to normal working life...

I've posted a small vid where you can see the Rettenbach competition site and the stadium at 3.30 pm Sunday afternoon which was pretty much the finish of the season and the CM.

sorry no other hardbooters there at that time - they were all at the cafe drinking a farewell schnaps...

Hoping to see you all there next year!!

fruno

I've posted a small vid where you can see the Rettenbach competition site and the stadium at 3.30 pm Sunday afternoon which was pretty much the finish of the season and the CM.

sorry no other hardbooters there at that time - they were all at the cafe drinking a farewell schnaps...

fruno

:eek: I think there were four more up at the hill, waiting for you to leave their "stadium" :boxing_sm:eplus2:

Yes, for me it's been one of the best meetings ever, esp. when hardbooters outnumber the skiers and softies in a resort! :eplus2:

Cheers Max

Yeah ok you're right Max.. I know you were there (actually I do think you are the black spot on the left) and I'm sorry Katja didn't keep the button pressed. But if I remember it correctly you didn't go down the "stadium" after that but preferred the easier part of the slope :lol::eplus2:

..uhm.. I've had my share of herbrenning for this season.. old bigmouth fruno is still a bit speechless.. but if it is your true will I am sure we can arrange sth. for next season.. :D I hope you got a real snowboard by then. Cannot beat an unarmed man..