Note to New Members ×

It ain't over - Blue Mountain open this weekend.

skategoat

We’re Opening for Easter Weekend!

Last call of the season for skiing and snowboarding at Blue Mountain! Get your final turns in before it’s time to hang up your skis and boards until next winter. Day lift tickets are only $29 +GST. 5x7 and Night Value Season Passholders can purchase day lift tickets for only $19 +GST, when your Pass is not valid. Day operating hours (9am – 4:30pm) will apply, weather and conditions permitting and the Silver Bullet High Speed Six and Easy Rider Magic Carpet will be operating for access to our central runs on Friday, April, 10 – Sunday, April 12, 2009. This week Mother Nature has granted us fresh snow and promises warmer temperatures for this weekend, which will make for some excellent spring skiing and riding.

For the up-to-date Snow and Conditions Report, please click here.

I'll be there Sunday. Who's with me?

...epic today. Got in somewhere around 35 runs. Fantastic conditions from 8:30 to about 11:30. Then it started to deteriorate rapidly. However, with a good supply of boards on hand, we found the right formula for the afternoon. Quit about 2:30, sunburnt and exhausted.

Should get below freezing tonight and set up again for tomorrow. The big question is whether it sets soon enough to groom.

Very tempting...snow condition/price/company.

I would have to dig every thing out from the basement, put the windsurfing gear aside and miss Easter Egg Hunt.

Very tempting.

Take the whole family. Westin Trillium has an Easter special at $100 per night. It has a great outdoor pool. The kids would love it. You can ride and the kids can swim and ski.

Coming from Vail, you won't be missing much.

That may be true, but I did help build the electronic components for the new Poma lift installed at Blue Mountain few years ago and would love to see that lift, "again." :) 'Sides Ive heard about Blue Mountain for a long spell that I've always wanted to check it out. :)

That may be true, but I did help build the electronic components for the new Poma lift installed at Blue Mountain few years ago and would love to see that lift, "again." :) 'Sides Ive heard about Blue Mountain for a long spell that I've always wanted to check it out. :)

If you're curious, its certainly not a mountain. Its part of the Niagara escarpment so if you've seen Niagara Falls, You've seen Blue Mountain. More water at the falls though:)

Thanks for the report "csquared" had a great last day at blue they cheaped out and only ran one chair.Only one other hard booter out today got pretty tough by 2:30. Met a young guy from Michigan in soft boots claims he had never seen Alpine board before.Tried a quick intervention to convert don"t know if it will stick.He was on his holidays before heading off to army boot camp. Gave him a pair of comp lift passes i had he was hoping his dad would stay another day.Sorry i won't be there tomorrow would like to try other boards my 186 coiler was a handfull today.If anyone gets to try one of "Bruces Best" tomorrow offer up a run to that kid from Michigan hope he keeps his head down and gets to try hard booting on a coiler some day soon.:)

Thank you, thank you Skategoat for starting this thread.

I had washed my snowboarding gear and already put them away for the summer.

Got there at 8:30, met up with Bruce and his inumerable test boards.

By 12:00 we were done, my legs were completely cramped up.

Beautiful sunny day. Very hard (like hurt if you touch the snow) to softening up by the time we left.

Got to try his Anggry and one of those huge spatula board (can't remember the name!), both with variable side cuts. Bruce was amazing as usual on cement type snow, I sucked. Great fun, great boards. What a way to end the season!!!

And thank you Bruce for switching bindings a zillion times.:biggthump

John, you are way too modest. I saw you around 10:30 and you were carving really nicely on that still-hard snow. I tried to catch you but never did. I quit around 1PM. Never saw Bruce.

I brought an AM board and mostly skidded around until the snow softened up. By then, my legs were done.

A great finish to the season.

I was with Bruce on the chairs up, on the way down, I'm usually a 1/3-1/2 way down and he's already at the bottom resting...:sleep:

We thought we saw you on one run under the chair but never saw you again.

Crazy that we couldn't meet up with just one lift open!!

See you next season.