Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe T325 boots

Ondrej

Hello,

I have used these boots for this season. But as I felt really comfortable at the beginning, boots were tight enough, now I can feel my heels lifting up at least 2-3 cm. I have pretty narrow feet, boots size 28 mondo with thermoflex liners. I still think that the size is fine but that boot is just so wide, and I just can't tighten its straps more...

I am thinking of selling these boots and buy different ones, want something narrower that I could use for racing next season, too...

Can you tell me your experience?

Thank you,

Cheers, Ondrej :cool:

If any snowsport boot (ski or snowboard) feels that comfortable from the get go, it is almost always way too big. I generally go down 2 shell sizes from my actual mondopoint foot measurement, My weighted foot measures 27.0 cm long, and I use a 25.5 shell for both skiing and snowboarding. This is where it pays to have a really good bootfitter at hand. They can stretch, punch or grind the shell to make it fit. You can always make a smaller shell larger, but you can't make a larger shell smaller.

Generally speaking, most "25.5 cm" shells have internal lengths around 26,0-26.5 cm long. When you use a custom made footbed that supports your arch, most people find that their actual foot length decreases by 0.5 cm. So in my case, the shortening of my foot with a custom footbed, along with a few punches and grinds by my bootfitter, allows me to fit quite comfortably (after liners pack out) in a shell that on the surface would seem 2 sizes too small.

Try the above. available from McCoo's in skiers plaza, Whistler. Not as good as the right size boots but they will take up quite a bit of slack and will prove alot cheaper. personally I would choose the right size boots AND the intuitions.

Thanks, does anybody have idea what racing boot is generally narrower than T 325 Deeluxe?

Anyone tried T700 or UPZ boots?

Cheers,

Ondrej

I can tell you that the T700 is most certainly NOT narrower. It does have more volume/space in the toe area. I just got a pair and promptly returned it because it was too stiff for my use (all-mountain, freecarve). I bought a pair of UPZ last year and returned that too. I found that, while they are nice boots, they were too stiff and lacked range of motion.

The SB (325) I found are the narrowest (at least in the toe area). How old are your 325? I find that the newer thermoflex liners have a nice deep heel cup area. For that to be effective, you will need the right footbed if you have narrow feet. Take a look at http://www.yoursole.com/

it's in italian, but the pics speaks for itself: http://www.extremecarving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5810

Interesting... I suppose what needs to be determined is whether the foot is slipping within the liner or if the liner is slipping inside the shell. The "nastro grip", or alike, would work well for liner slipping in shell. Thanks.

Good pointers so far :biggthump.

- I can't comment on sizing 1 1/2 size down :confused:. Seems to me a lot of "hard feelings"......at least in the beginning :)

- Some sort of grip to prevent liner moving around the shell. Well, the moment I saw the speed thermo liners, I noticed that the bottoms are going to be prone to slipping. Every other ski/snowboard boot liner has something like a "sole". Also, anything that you put - like a grip (rubber, some sort of foam, etc) will partly compensate for possible size mismatch.

- Last - thermo liners, from what I have read hear, will tend to pack over time. So, this might be an explanation about feeling loose at the end of the season. See if re-heating would change anything. I also just moved from my original T700 liners that came with my Track 325 MO28 boots (don't ask how i ened up with this combo :ices_ange) to Speed thermo liners, mainly because the T700 were way to tight for my heels. I feel a lot better, for now, but I do expect to start having some sort of heel issues, once the liners pack up.

Goof luck :biggthump

Millen

Good pointers so far :biggthump.

- I can't comment on sizing 1 1/2 size down :confused:. Seems to me a lot of "hard feelings"......at least in the beginning :)

Remember, it's not about "downsizing", it's about "rightsizing". The goal is to match a shell's internal measurements with your foot. Forget about the foot size stamped on the shell or liner, it's all about the internal size/shape of the shell (which never matches what size the boot companies call the shell anyway).

I'm not qualified in any way to answer this question but here's what I've done in a similar situation:

jammed a cut to size piece of foam (I think it was part of a liner from a pair of old boots I picked up from a second hand store like like $5) on the top of my foot, well sort of the part that bends where your foot meets your shin. then you do your boots up and it's all tight and awesome

if all else fails, try that out before you go out and buy another pair of boots

peace:o

If your boots fit at the beginning of the season after molding the liners then i would start by remolding them... they do pack out over time although most people can go more than 1 season, but that depends on how many days you are in them per season. If you haven't molded them and they felt good at first then i would go with they are too big, but if molded and fit you should be okay with size and before you start buying new stuff try to work with what you have. If the remolding isn't enough a good bootfitter can help you out with some L pads that go on the outside of the liners to hold the heel more in place... you may simply have a foot/ankle shape that needs a little extra padding in order to fill the standard size boot shell... see if the bootfitter has some other recomendations (none of the models you asked about are narrower than the 325T as far as i understand) so they may have other ideas for your narrow foot and filling the space.

if it were me i would invest some time and money in the bootfitter adn see what they can do before jumping to a new size (unless they recommend it) or another boot. Just my 2cents though :D

Have you done a shell check yet?? If not, you should start there. If the boot is too big, no amount of molding or re-molding the liner will help. Being that you are a narrow foot, you may want to look into a foam liner as it might be a much better fit for you vs an intuition liner. The foam can mold all around the heel pocket and other problem spots so that your narrow foot is managed perfectly inside the boot. Orthotics are always important for managing a foot's length and width also. Just a few thoughts.

Hi,

thanks to everyone for advises, I took my boots then and went to Fanatyk co. boot fitters store here in Whistler to see if they can help me somehow but I found out that those boots are just way too big so I really need to downsize... I believe that with the right size also the width will be fine.

Cheers, Ondrej