Note to New Members ×

Aspen rub-in

tpalka

PaulK always does so much work posting rub-in pictures that we thought we'd help :)

Wow...is all I can say as I sit at work looking out at all the rain today. I'm afraid I can't compete with those pictures Tom. At least, not until late August maybe:)

This weekend, I'll try to take advantage of the rained out MX racing, and head to Rhode Island with the surf boards..a nod to Softbootsailer for inspiration.

Today it felt like 8+ inches of fresh on top of Ajax. We rode there because we wanted the steeps -- to move through all the powder. Wet in town, but still fairly light and fluffy, and on top of great groom, at the top!

img_0403_094029-2.jpg

A typical turn today:

img_0403_082208.jpg

Switching it up a bit:

img_0403_083326.jpg

Lisa laying a new track:

img_0403_083514.jpg

Surf it up:

img_0403_083624.jpg

This is where Lisa is saying "eat your heart out Paul!" ha ha:

img_0403_084622.jpg

Carving was outstanding, I rode on edge all day long:

img_0403_085906.jpg

tom.

Bobby -- Lisa says "awwww, thank you!"

Today snowed all day, rather poor visibility. Snow on top of Ajax was pretty good until lunch, then it got a bit heavier.

img_0404_092326.jpg

Felix:

img_0404_093124-2.jpg

Hans:

img_0404_093142-2.jpg

Marina:

img_0404_093228.jpg

Dirk:

img_0404_093243-2.jpg

Felix's home-made plate system:

img_0404_100032.jpg

Lunch time:

img_0404_113047.jpg

It got a bit foggier after lunch:

img_0404_112012-2.jpg

Are you folks riding on Monday (4/6)? I am visiting here and abusing my quads in the Klug Camp this weekend but don't leave until Monday night.

The big surprise for me is that I have had a 2 to 1 ratio of instruction in the camp so far.

alan

Bob: Snowmass tomorrow, would be great to ride with you!

Alan: We'll be leaving, but the Pureboarding crew will be riding through the 10th I believe. I'll try to find out where they'll be on Monday and PM you the info.

Bob, hope you enjoyed last day at the Milk! I'd love to follow you just because I always learn from following other people's lines -- regardless of whether they're actively "leading" or not :)

We went to Snowmass today to find tons of fresh powder. It was outstanding. Morning was beautiful and sunny, then some snow & fog rolled in. The Cirque coverage was on the thin side and I think we all ended up with scratches on our bases -- it was a picture-perfect powder and then you'd discover rocks as you went over them... other people's tracks were no indication.

On the bus we met Ray and Anja, and took a few runs with them at the beginning of the day:

img_0405_080306.jpg

Everyone was smiles on the lift:

img_0405_080822.jpg

Ray starting down Big Burn:

img_0405_083012.jpg

Felix at the Cirque:

img_0405_095232.jpg

Another view of the Cirque Headwall:

img_0405_095538-2.jpg

Lisa below the Headwall:

img_0405_095346.jpg

Lisa demonstrates snow quality:

img_0405_101022-2.jpg

Hans on Green Cabin:

img_0405_compilation-2.jpg

Ute Chute was groomed and the snow was a bit on the soft side, but a nice break from endless powder. Here's Andy laying it out:

img_0405_compilation.jpg

Tomorrow we're heading back home and to Monarch. It was a great trip, wish we could stay longer!

I have to say, Ruthies was bullet proof today!

Perfectly groomed!

208b2j4.jpg

Sure good for some nice turns...

24yyfj7.jpg

Yea, I know, ya need a wide board for those kinda carves… ;)

Little jumpin in between...

30wwi2t.jpg

All in all a great day... tomorrow more... :1luvu:

Hey Tom, if you have a season pass you can still ride at Telluride for free this week! They extened the season and only lift 7 and 9 will be open but those lifts have some very nice black groomers for carving. I think they will honor any pass from any north american resort! Have to used lift 7 to get up as everything else is closed.

Ha ha ha, nice one Ray! Now we're on the receiving end of the rub-in :) Wish we could have ridden with you today -- but it'll have to wait until next season. All the best and it was great to see you again,

tom.

Tom! Sure was nice to see/ride with you and Lisa!!! Looking forward to next season. Hopefully we have the opportunity to spend more time together, would sure be nice.

Let’s see if we can get some decent footage tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Great pictures from the past week! I think you all are catching on to this rub-in thing...

I never did make it to the seacoast this weekend, and I didn't quite make it onto a snowboard, although I was dressed for it...Not quite Aspen around here:) A nod to AlexJ and Steph for the sunday shenanigans...

post-520-141842280508_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842280511_thumb.jpg

post-520-141842280514_thumb.jpg

Video from the 12" day at Snowmass -- just a compilation of short clips

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYFprH6fzXo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYFprH6fzXo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>