Kesslers and vist/ hangl plates

James Ong

well this season i've owned...

177 kessler GS

185 kessler GS

162 kessler SL

163 2009 SG SL

163 2010 SG SL

the 177 was a mixup and i got the 185 (blacktop)

airline broke the 162 kessler SL

i broke the 2009 sigi at nationals this year (broke the tall panel and the stubby in the process :biggthump, hurt like hell but damn if it didnt look cool)

my kessler has hangl plates on it (f2 bindings)

the SG board has the vist plate with the middle and back locked out (f2 bindings)

sorry man, it just doesnt work without the loctite, the screws would come right out if you tried it without it.

Sure it will I have not used loctite at all I have been on the plate all year. Just don't use the screws that came with the vist plate to mount the plate to the board.

Heres some info. at this thread... http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24034&highlight=Vist

The canadian coach who is also the SG and Vist rep in Canada says he uses burton screws with his vist plates and SG's. Also with some thinner boards the 16 screws may be to long you may need 14s

There are several folks who use the Vist screws and Locktite method My SG SL belonged to Josh Wiley he won the 2009 US SL Title on this board, he pulled the plate off it was lotited with the stock screws. It took me a hour at the bomber shop and a lot of time with a tap to clean it all out to use the inserts...

Like I said you can run it with out the locktite. but you need to check your screws. Lots of us do. CK uses the lock tight but doesn't move his plate neither did Josh.

Also CK is the only rider I know that locks the rears and centers most folk lock just one foot or the centers. like in the picture of the linked thread...

Of Course some time CK does some crazy stuff with his plate but its a secret between he and I ! ;)

I have heard so, I just lent my SG to a friend, and my Vist plate is with another friend, so I can't check but I trust the Canada SG, Vist rep. If you just hold the 1 Vist mounting screws and then one Burton screw in you hand you can feel how light and crappy the vist screws are!

Just slowly tighten your burton screws and watch the inserts.

Did you pull the both metal plates off the plastic rails yet? They ship with screws and washers in the plastic mounting blocks.

You can still just lock one foot and float the rest I like the back locked more then the front.

Are you talking about M6 16mm screws or M6 14mm screws?

What has Burton got to do with these? Is this a misinformation campaign?

These are standard metric screws that has been used in snowboards for ever and now they are Burton!:confused:

These screws are readily available at most reputable hardware stores and board shops that do not sell Burton products. They are also available in Stainless Steel.

Bola

http://www.allboardssports.com

1-303-415-1600

The burton screws, as well as the screws Fin stocks, Come with a bit of loctite on them, The burton screws have a "band" of loctite in the threads them selves giving a better bond according to thoose in the know.

This is the info I gathered from several coaches after we all had several vist screw fail under several riders feet causeing fail the lead to ripping the plate off the board and breaking the plate, luckly no riders where hurt but it was dicey.... On of our local guys ripped out at 60ish on a 200 sg stick.

The stock screws are M6-14 the SG are very thick and have deep insert so the m6-16 clear no problem, but on some thinner and shorter Kessler SL sticks the M6-16 screws are too long on the closes inserts to the tip and tail.

All of the vist plates we sold to customers came with AR-70 grade M6-16 screws I and my athletes run them on all our GS Kesslers, Priors, and SG SL board. I bought them at a local scre shop in a bag of on hundred for 17 bones.

Matter of fact I sat next to you at steamboat in the regestration office up stairs and told you about the faliures and the nessacery screw up grade after all of the other coachs and I discucced all the possible soulitions including the use of Burton screw so you could keep you clinets safe also, Cuz you know how much I care!:1luvu:

Using the stock Vist screws is bad news and dangerous!

The burton screws, as well as the screws Fin stocks, Come with a bit of loctite on them, The burton screws have a "band" of loctite in the threads them selves giving a better bond according to thoose in the know.

This is the info I gathered from several coaches after we all had several vist screw fail under several riders feet causeing fail the lead to ripping the plate off the board and breaking the plate, luckly no riders where hurt but it was dicey.... On of our local guys ripped out at 60ish on a 200 sg stick.

The stock screws are M6-14 the SG are very thick and have deep insert so the m6-16 clear no problem, but on some thinner and shorter Kessler SL sticks the M6-16 screws are too long on the closes inserts to the tip and tail.

All of the vist plates we sold to customers came with AR-70 grade M6-16 screws I and my athletes run them on all our GS Kesslers, Priors, and SG SL board. I bought them at a local scre shop in a bag of on hundred for 17 bones.

Matter of fact I sat next to you at steamboat in the regestration office up stairs and told you about the faliures and the nessacery screw up grade after all of the other coachs and I discucced all the possible soulitions including the use of Burton screw so you could keep you clinets safe also, Cuz you know how much I care!:1luvu:

Using the stock Vist screws is bad news and dangerous!

I think that's not correct, my VIST (the one that Wintergold bought) came with 14mm screws.

burton doesn't make the screws, they have a factory that makes them for them and stamps their name in them (cheaper than buying them). the only difference is that the burton screws come with a little dab of dried loctite on them, also they seem to be stronger than most normal m6 screws (they don't strip out as easily), then again, most bindings dont come with standard hardware store parts :biggthump

I think that's not correct, my VIST (the one that Wintergold bought) came with 14mm screws.

Thats what I said in the post you just quoted???? Right in the third paragraph...:confused:

However the screws are of poor quilty and you get 2 more Mils of purchase by using better screws.

That explaind why he is missing stuff he bought the plate used:biggthump

@Bordy -

´Of Course some time CK does some crazy stuff with his plate but its a secret between he and I !´

I know it´s a secret, but could you give a little hint :ices_ange

´... on a 200 sg stick´

Can you elaborate a bit on that one :D?

The crazy plate comment is just a joke between Ck and my self about him setting up his plate locked and unlocked in funny ways during the year. Nothing more then that.

And I am refering to the Silly Good 200cm New school metal Super G. Board made be Prior shaped by myself. Not a Sigi Grabner 200. Info at hardbooter.com

By the way, I contacted Vist directly about the correct way of mounting.

About the screws - they said that it is important that the screws go 8mm (+/- 0,5mm) deep into the inserts. Then you are good to go ...

Floating - back or middle fixed - as discussed in this thread ;).